PC Peripherals Alternatives to gigabyte 460 watt psu?

Re: any other option than gigabyte 460 wt psu?

v.Na5h said:
so wat psu should i go for under 3k

requirements
1 oc core i5 to turbo boost
2. oc HD5770 to the extreme

FSP everest series 500W 3.5k i think
Gp 650 Al series....If u can compromise a bit on warranty.

Only CM and Corsair have 5 years warranty
Cm RP 460w 3.6k
Vx 450 4k

If u OC the Core i5 above 3.5Ghz, the processor will end up consuming twice it's usual power...and i think u might risk frying ur psu with a 400W PSU..

minimum Corsair VX450W @ 4.1k

Can anybody of knowledge of psu start a psu advisor thread? I mean you people stress on it being the main component of the rig but still no one has brought it out.

Ooops yes, thanks :)

Gannu said:
^Nope, that pricing's for the SAGA II 350W.

Seasonic 380W is also damn good. Better than Cx400 for entry level 24x7 usage PCs.

naveen58 said:
thank you very much Rockfella..

i said this because when i was out buying my first rig or "GAMING RIG" to be honest then i was about to buy a CM600 watt PSU then my friend suggested me to go for Corsair even though it was damn expensive..but i don't regret that decision..:hap5:

i bought a TX650 for 6.8k & didn't bought the GPU by that time..

Just to tell you all even if you decide to buy a rig or PC worth 30k do include a Good PSU coz i know how much it pains when your other components blow off..

recently spended 3k to repair an old P4 system..

atleast buy a Corsair CX400 for 3k..:hap2:

k i have changed my mind

getting an cx400 or xv450

will cx400 handle my following requirements

btw iam going to use my rig for 6years(strictly no upgradation0... check sig.

1. core i5 OCed to 3.4 w/ turbo boost

2. 5770 OCed to maxxx

or should i get vx450

^^^^^For ur rig in siggy get Gigabyte 460W

@ v.Na5h GO FOR Corsair VX450W sriously dont be hesitant to spend 1k more but get a good product

comp@ddict said:
^^^^^For ur rig in siggy get Gigabyte 460W

I will be upgrading to Athlon II X4 620 and HD5770 1gb, will gigabyte suffice? I may even upgrade to something more power hungry, will CX400 be a better option?

Gannu said:
The Corsair indeed. The Gigabyte 460W is a rebadged FSP power supply originally rated at 400W. :)

CX400 gives 483.9 W max power, how much can gigabyte give? Corsair 400w is also rated at 400w.

Back