AM5 and Ryzen 7000 News

Zen 6 gonna be mega.

Take this guy's (MLID) videos with grain of salt. He throws multiple things throughout the year and one of those will be closer to what happens. He then boasts that he leaked it first on so and so date. :D

I really doubt if there will be a 32 core CCD on AM5 platform. Look at how big the 32 core threadripper is and it has 4x 8 core chiplets. 8 and 16 core chiplets, up to 32 core cpu seems more possible.

I thought Zen6 will be coming with a new AM6 platform.

Anyways, is there anyone better than MLID? I find most of his leaks come with plausible explanations like even the internal employees (leakers) belong to teams that don't really know which direction a product design will go in the early stages.

I thought Zen6 will be coming with a new AM6 platform.

Anyways, is there anyone better than MLID? I find most of his leaks come with plausible explanations like even the internal employees (leakers) belong to teams that don't really know which direction a product design will go in the early stages.
The whole USP of AMD was their platform lasting longer than Hollywood relationships. AM4 is still going strong and AMD is supporting it till 2025, now that's how you make sustainable tech. Given that AM4 is still potent and will remain so for at least the next 3-4 years, AM5 is gonna last for even longer.

I have been waiting for a decade for intel to do the same....but one can only wish.

I have been waiting for a decade for intel to do the same....but one can only wish.
Thats why its intel.. they just want to come up with a new socket to woo the consumers while offering almost similar performance but only the experienced consumer will opt for amd. Here sheer performance matters with a good amount of backward compatibility and also light on pockets.

Back