AM5 and Ryzen 7000 News

That's not an upgrade, trust me. Save more and just upgrade once to 5900X and then you can perhaps skip AM5 entirely.
Is there significant difference between 5800x and 5900x for gaming?
I don't think I'll ever need that much cores/threads but if there's a good deal I'll probably get the 5900x.

I don't think I'll ever need that much cores/threads but if there's a good deal I'll probably get the 5900x.
Not now there isn't and why are you just focused on gaming? The CPU has other uses too. It'll give you better room for multitasking and gaming all at the same time. If you're not interested in anything other than gaming then you don't need to upgrade from 3700X at all.
There won't be a future where a game is very playable on 5800X and not on 3700X ever.

My whole point was that since AM4 is finished now and if anyone wants to skip AM5 they'd need the best or close to best CPU on AM4 to survive 3+ years now. So if you're upgrading, then UPgrade and don't sidegrade.

Not now there isn't and why are you just focused on gaming? The CPU has other uses too. It'll give you better room for multitasking and gaming all at the same time. If you're not interested in anything other than gaming then you don't need to upgrade from 3700X at all.
There won't be a future where a game is very playable on 5800X and not on 3700X ever.

My whole point was that since AM4 is finished now and if anyone wants to skip AM5 they'd need the best or close to best CPU on AM4 to survive 3+ years now. So if you're upgrading, then UPgrade and don't sidegrade.
Mainly was interested in the fps boost as even a 5600x gets way more fps than the 3700x. I'll consider getting the 5900x if the price difference isn't much when i upgrade.

Intel has been doing tick-shit-tick-shit-tick-shit lately. View attachment 134930
I dont know if you know this or not but Pat Gelsinger changed the fate of VMware what it is today and he came from Intel to work there. Him going back, changed how they work. No one was expecting that 12th Gen will be of such great performance when compared to all their previous gens. I am sure that their 13th Gen or 14th Gen will compete with AMD because as of now AMD has gotten them in core count and heat dissipation. Which is something that Intel needs to master.

I dont know if you know this or not but Pat Gelsinger changed the fate of VMware what it is today and he came from Intel to work there. Him going back, changed how they work. No one was expecting that 12th Gen will be of such great performance when compared to all their previous gens. I am sure that their 13th Gen or 14th Gen will compete with AMD because as of now AMD has gotten them in core count and heat dissipation. Which is something that Intel needs to master.
He came back to Intel in Feb 2021. I am pretty sure he had no say in 12th gen chip design. Intel may have finalised that design in 2019 or 2020. Alder Lake was based on Lakefield design that was used in laptops in 2020. By the time he came back, they would have had the engineering sample. Even 13ty gen design would have been finalised by then. What Intel does from 14th gen onwards can be attributed to his decisions.
You don’t have to upgrade to zen3. Stick to current setup for a year and hop on to AM5 next year.

Last edited:
I am interested in seeing how much of an improvement AMD can show with their next-gen APUs, the market for budget GPUs has been stale for years with next to no improvement in sub 20k GPU price range but if they can build an APU which can compete with something like a GTX1650, it will breath fresh life in the segment and we might see some price drops or new improved GPU from Nvidia, I know I am being way too optimistic but better dream while you still can.

AMD Ryzen 7000 Price Info, iGPU SKU info

AMD Ryzen 7000 Price Info, iGPU SKU info

So a 7900x will be priced for what a 5950x is being priced today which comes out to be 47k. Lets see how the future unfolds.

I was getting a mouth watering deal on 5950x for 47k but now I will wait for a little more. I am expecting that its price will drop by another 2k or 3k and it should settle at under 45k. 12900K will also drop in pricing. Makes me wonder and also think that I should wait for couple of more months. I recall not a long while ago, 5950x was selling for 70k.

I was getting a mouth watering deal on 5950x for 47k but now I will wait for a little more. I am expecting that its price will drop by another 2k or 3k and it should settle at under 45k. 12900K will also drop in pricing. Makes me wonder and also think that I should wait for couple of more months. I recall not a long while ago, 5950x was selling for 70k.
Yeah holding out would be better idea. Along with the price drop you might also see some used models hit the market.
I'm waiting to see if AMD would still provide the long socket support as they did for AM4. Otherwise might go for Intel.

Probably that could be one of the reasons why 5950x dropped all the way from 74000 INR to 53000 INR today, and with AM5 or by end of this year, it will go even further down. DDR5 will become mainstream in 6 months to 9 months within the launch of AM5 as Intel will also be following suit. Now that Intel is back to Tick-tock, I think that 12th Gen was the Tick and soon Tock or its better iteration is going to follow.
Wait so the 12th gen is actually good? I thought it would be overpriced like when the AMD 5k series was first released lol. I stopped paying attention because of the market bs. Anyway if I'm using R3 3000 what would be a good upgrade for 1080/1440p? Used Intel 11th gen? Used 5000? I don't need the latest models that's for sure. Just curious. For the gpu I'm thinking of used 2k series. 3k series too high for me.

Wait so the 12th gen is actually good? I thought it would be overpriced like when the AMD 5k series was first released lol. I stopped paying attention because of the market bs. Anyway if I'm using R3 3000 what would be a good upgrade for 1080/1440p? Used Intel 11th gen? Used 5000? I don't need the latest models that's for sure. Just curious. For the gpu I'm thinking of used 2k series. 3k series too high for me.
Intel 12th gen is quite good especially the it models for their price.
Since you are looking to upgrade, maybe R5 or R7 5800 or its 3d cache model(if you get a good deal) will be great considering you can save on motherboard and spend more on GPU.

Anyway if I'm using R3 3000 what would be a good upgrade for 1080/1440p? Used Intel 11th gen? Used 5000? I don't need the latest models that's for sure. Just curious. For the gpu I'm thinking of used 2k series. 3k series too high for me.
Keep the platform and upgrade to an 8 or more cores chip (used).

A used 5600x would be a pretty big upgrade over your R3. I am mainly suggesting the 5600x due to its massive amounts of L3 cache. If you go for the intel route then you would also have to hunt around for a compatible Intel motherboard as well.

With Intel LGA 1700 Socket, you can upgrade to 13th Gen and the best part is that Intel is upgrading core count on all their CPU's, i7 and i9. AM5 or Ryzen 7xxx might not work on the current motherboard or might if they want to make more sales. I was playing God of war @ Ultra settings with a 3070Ti and in some scenes the GPU was struggling because the CPU was not able to keep up. This was at 2K resolution. DLSS or no DLSS did not have any change so was able to know that its not the GPU or game settings.

This is a 2600K running @ 5 Ghz (Air). Memory overclocked from 1333 Mhz to 1600 Mhz, 110 % power provided to GPU from GUI. Then I saw videos across Youtube and a 5600X or a 12400F is giving 80+ frames at the same settings. Will wait for a while, otherwise I will get an Intel 12th Gen Motherboard with a 12400F CPU and later on upgrade to a 13900K or KF.

DDR-5 RAM is also expensive at this point of time. Maybe, the prices will start dipping once this platform is live for everyone.

Back