Amazon Echo/Echo Dot/Echo Plus India Launch (Prime Subscription Free)

Got response from CC saying they switched my account from US marketplace to India marketplace - after that I am able to update my addresses on the Alexa webpage :)

Got response from CC saying they switched my account from US marketplace to India marketplace - after that I am able to update my addresses on the Alexa webpage :)

How did you do this, and which CC did u contact? Was it the indian customer care team?

I am currently unable to change the location of my echo or my fire tv :([DOUBLEPOST=1509107688][/DOUBLEPOST]
Based on what I checked up, they have new locations enabled for quite a few countries. However, the Amazon account needs to be USA, which will be fixed in sometime soon, I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1509083464][/DOUBLEPOST]List of location that can be enabled

View attachment 72516 View attachment 72517

What version of the App are you using? i cant see these settings on my app

Last edited:
This Wednesday for me :p:p

Capture.JPG

Mine is still showing arriving 6-8th November with 3 days remaining to ship.

Edit: Could be because I ordered it later, on the 17th of October.

Last edited:
Enail received from Amazon

Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Echo Dot. Your device will arrive soon.

We have noticed that the country setting in Your Account is not set to India. If you are currently a resident of India and wish to access Indian features and content on your Echo Dot, then you must set your country settings to India before you start your Echo Dot for the first time. India country settings are also required to receive one year of Prime in India that is included with your Echo Dot.

You can change your country settings by clicking on the link and following the steps given below:

1. Kindly click on the link below:

www.amazon.in/mycd

2. On the "Manage Your Content & Devices" page, you'll see a tab named "Settings". Please click on "Settings".

3. After clicking on "Settings", you'll see "Country Settings". Under "Country Settings", Click on "Change" and set the country to India and set and India address.

4. Under Country settings you will see a statement "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.com. Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites you are eligible to shop on based on your country of residence.". Please click on "Here" mentioned in the sentence.

5. Once you click on "Here", you will see a different statement with "Learn about" as a Hyperlink. Please click on "Learn about".

6. You'll be redirected to a new page and you'll be able to see "Update your default Kindle store to Amazon.in". Click on this link.

7. Re-enter your account email address and password if prompted.

Thank you for choosing Echo Dot.

Sincerely,
Amazon.in
http://www.amazon.in

Note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Back