FS: Home Audio Video Amazon Fire Stick - SOLD (Is all the low balling necessary?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_cool

Disciple
For Tapatalk users:
I'm selling an Amazon Fire TV Stick that I purchased in the U.S. in August 2017. I hardly get time to watch television these days thus selling it. The stick is fully compatible with Indian Amazon services and can be used without any issue. Buyer will be getting the Fire TV stick and its remote. My location is Mumbai.
Price: SOLD
Mode of Payment: Cash / Bank transfer

Last edited:
Hi. I also have a US bought Amazon Fire stick and it works wout any issues in India. You just need to connect it to Amazon.in id. Also you can share the Amazon Prime with 4 users wout any violation of Amazon policy.
You can also use your stick for international or domestic travel and it shows local Intl content. I have used it overseas while on business travel and had access to India and Local Intl content.
It is a VFM device and is being offered cheaply by seller. Must buy.

The item was sold on another website thus closing the sale. Do have one remark to make. People tend to lowball unnecessarily with the perception that the price offered by the seller is unfair and needs further reduction without any justification. I had priced a relatively new item for about 35% lower than the current market price (SP: 2600, MP:3999) with free shipping and yet people wanted more discount like 50% of the market price as well as free shipping. This is completely unjust and unwarranted. I ended up selling it to someone outside the forum for Rs. 2600 not because I got the asking price but because the buyer saw value in the item and did not bargain to further lowering the price on a quality item. The fact that I had gotten it from the U.S. yet did not overcharge the buyer was appreciated. Please, do not lowball items unless there is a logical reason behind it.

P.S.: I had further reduced the price to Rs. 2300 (57% of Market Price) yet the bargaining continued.

But isn't the US market price, where you bought it from, around $40? That is INR 2600. So you were asking for the full price as is? You pay a premium if you want it from here and you get Indian warranty and support. That is the only reason people would pay more for it.

But isn't the US market price, where you bought it from, around $40? That is INR 2600. So you were asking for the full price as is? You pay a premium if you want it from here and you get Indian warranty and support. That is the only reason people would pay more for it.

As per the bank exchange rate currency conversion, yes, the math adds but up as an individual, the rate is different and the added GST doesn't make it cheap. To be honest, from the price mentioned in the Amazon India reviews, had I purchased it during the Diwali sale with all the discounts, cashback and Amazon credit, it would've been cheaper here than in the U.S. but we're talking about a hypothetical scenario whereas my asking price was, in reality, an equally cheap alternative. Had I quoted a higher SP than my purchase price, it would've been wrong. Lastly, I deliberately did not bump the thread during the sale days when I realised there was a price drop on the product.

Last edited:
lowballing is bad but the amazon fire stick Tv can be bought new for 2650rs. Maybe that's why you got lowballed. Prime cash back and 10%off amazon pay. regulatory on sale for 3499rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back