Video Amazon FireTV Stick 4k Max not in stock??

nsas02

Disciple
I was browsing casually today for my friend who wanted me to order him a FTVS 4K MAX, and to my surprise it was out of stock in Amazon. I mean, I have never seen AFTVS OoS anytime. Is something happening with AFTV that I'm not aware of? like, discontinuation? or new model about to come? I checked for a non-max (Just 4K) version, but looks like that was replaced by this Max version long back.

Amazon refurbished products are good. I had bought kindle earlier and firestick 4k max recently and both seemed like new to me and without any issues + full warranty i think.
Happy with it - quality is better vs desktop pc streaming with prime video .

Unless it is a special case, the refurbished products on amazon always have 6 months seller warranty.

Amazon Certified Refurbished does carry full 1 year warranty but this applies to Amazon's own devices and it has to be "Certified" refurbished.
yes that's what i meant - amazon owned products - kindle and firestick.
firestick 4k max works well - have gotten upto 4k HDR on prime video ( although usually 1080p HDR - might be limited by my own max speed of 50 mbps - not sure)
Below is what i bought for ~3.5k after discounts

By that do you mean streaming to pc via chromecast/network etc or you mean using prime video login into pc browser?
Streaming on pc browser - they don't give higher quality options on desktop to avoid piracy ( doesn't seem to help as its easily available ). Even with netflix, apparently (looking at reddit posts) you only get 1080p max on edge + windows only and 720p elsewhere with no option for 4k.

So bought this and happy with it so far.

Couldn't find much difference vs 4k max gen 1.

Streaming on pc browser - they don't give higher quality options on desktop to avoid piracy ( doesn't seem to help as its easily available ). Even with netflix, apparently (looking at reddit posts) you only get 1080p max on edge + windows only and 720p elsewhere with no option for 4k.
Actually it depends on the version of HDCP being used by the hdmi port of your mobo/graphics card connected to the hdmi port of your monitor/tv. For 4k streaming of copyrighted content the HDCP version must be at least v2.2 on each hdmi port at the ends of connecting hdmi cable between pc & display device & display screen resolution must be 4k.

Actually it depends on the version of HDCP being used by the hdmi port of your mobo/graphics card connected to the hdmi port of your monitor/tv. For 4k streaming of copyrighted content the HDCP version must be at least v2.2 on each hdmi port at the ends of connecting hdmi cable between pc & display device & display screen resolution must be 4k.
Have you been able to get 4k on desktop ? From what i read, networks don't allow it on desktop at all. Just google '4k on desktop netflix' for example.
I do have all hdcp stuff for both hdmi and display port and monitor is 4k.

In any case, linux + browser will definitely not work which is what i use most of the time. firestick is hassle free now for me.

Unfortunately it's a PITA but doable

Have you been able to get 4k on desktop ? From what i read, networks don't allow it on desktop at all. Just google '4k on desktop netflix' for example.
I do have all hdcp stuff for both hdmi and display port and monitor is 4k.

In any case, linux + browser will definitely not work which is what i use most of the time. firestick is hassle free now for me.
Yes, I have seen Netflix 4K on desktop.

You need to buy an app "HEVC Video Extensions" from Microsoft store for a nominal amount. I paid Rs.54 in May'23.

Some OTT platforms don't provide 4K on windows / desktop (like Amazon prime). No matter what hardware, HDMI cable, HDCP you have.

They recently launched newer version of 4K stick might launch 4K max as well soon
Yeah. The new 4k's specs are on par with previous gen 4k Max's. I'm wondering what the new 4k Max's specs would be ..

Another thought, would a US firestick work in India without any issue?

Yeah. The new 4k's specs are on par with previous gen 4k Max's. I'm wondering what the new 4k Max's specs would be ..

Another thought, would a US firestick work in India without any issue?
Looks like as long as you purchase from and run in supported countries it should work as usual!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240512_163601_Amazon.jpg
    Screenshot_20240512_163601_Amazon.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 11
Back