Amazon India lightning deals

Are neckband based earphones better than TWS in terms of mic?
They can sometimes be better in voice pickup because the microphone is close to your mouth. Other than that, not much.

Here the main limiting factor is transmission of microphone voice over Bluetooth. Almost any average quality wired earphone will sound better than a Bluetooth one.

They can sometimes be better in voice pickup because the microphone is close to your mouth. Other than that, not much.

Here the main limiting factor is transmission of microphone voice over Bluetooth. Almost any average quality wired earphone will sound better than a Bluetooth one.
Yes. I am stuck with an wired earphone or holding the phone. Been disappointed with wireless stuff till now. Now no more confidence to get something wireless for call.

Croma has best deal for iPhone 13... My bad luck, lasy week i bought 256gb from iPlanet for MRP( with expected cash back of 6K) and next day i saw croma had same model for 82K, almost 8K less than what i previous day :(
My bad luck towards apple purchases continues :( Yesterday wife gifted me iPhone 13 Pro 512GB bought from amazon for 149900 and today amazon reduced price by 9000 :(

Are neckband based earphones better than TWS in terms of mic?
Yes, in most cases, since the mic is closer to the mouth and pics up the sound better.
I am afraid that there is no neckband with active noise cancellation and quad mic. I am more than glad to be corrected. The perfect device for calls is neckband based, 4 mic to isolate environment noise and active noise cancellation. If anyone knows such a device, kindly adivse.
That'd be a great pair of earphones!
My bad luck towards apple purchases continues :( Yesterday wife gifted me iPhone 13 Pro 512GB bought from amazon for 149900 and today amazon reduced price by 9000 :(
:oops:

Last edited:
Yes. I am stuck with an wired earphone or holding the phone. Been disappointed with wireless stuff till now. Now no more confidence to get something wireless for call.
The main problem is that the mics cannot beamform to your voice when it is trying to pick up sound from near the ears. Moreover, the ANC buds just dedicate the microphones to noise cancellation which is at a significantly different frequency to voice and then don't want to spend extra on microphones dedicated to voice.

If you are taking calls, then wireless headsets with boom mics work best. Even wireless headphones with a lot of additional space to include more microphones and circuitry do a great job.

You get TWS only for the convenience of listening to something when moving around a lot.

Contact Amazon for a difference refund if this was purchased directly from Amazon like Appario.
They could consider it, worth a try.

You get TWS only for the convenience of listening to something when moving around a lot.
This. I wish folks looking to go wireless for everything first understand this. Quality of call will always be a compromise compared to a wired phone. I stick to wired for office and WFH as the call quality is of utmost importance to me and the listeners. For other cases like walks it is down to convenience, so wireless it is.

Contact Amazon for a difference refund if this was purchased directly from Amazon like Appario.
Appario only, but they said no such policy.. cannot help :( If it was any other product, i could have cancelled the order and re-order, but unfortunately smartphones are not allowed to cancel :(

They don't do it in India.
Appario only, but they said no such policy.. cannot help :( If it was any other product, i could have cancelled the order and re-order, but unfortunately smartphones are not allowed to cancel :(
If there's a possibility of replacing then replace it twice (give some bs reasons), then the third time you'll get an option to return it else speak to the CS saying that you had enough of that phone already, they'll let you return it.

I am afraid that there is no neckband with active noise cancellation and quad mic. I am more than glad to be corrected. The perfect device for calls is neckband based, 4 mic to isolate environment noise and active noise cancellation. If anyone knows such a device, kindly adivse.
There is, mi neckband pro which has both enc and anc. Quad mic is just redundant as with neckband it's audible for the person at other end which is not the case in TWS.
Also cannot see the numbers in spec sheet in neckbands mentioning the numbers of mics.

If there's a possibility of replacing then replace it twice (give some bs reasons), then the third time you'll get an option to return it else speak to the CS saying that you had enough of that phone already, they'll let you return it.
Bad idea, nowadays doing such things with costly items like smartphones is a sure shot way of amazon flagging your account for misuse so you can say goodbye to any future genuine return/replacement/refund request not to mention no more user specific offers in such flagged accounts.
@smnrock
What if you still buy and wait for it to deliver? I bought it with CC so i think i can dispute it.
No such luck at least in India. Here the cc companies(except maybe amex) practically don't honour chargeback policy of visa/mastercard regarding deficient products/services unless you are willing to fight a very long battle. In this case for example, unless amazon is willing to give you in writing that seller indeed committed fraud with you, your cc company won't even consider your chargeback request & getting such written confirmation from amazon is a task in itself especially for seller fulfilled products as amazon does not control the process except for delivery(if seller fulfilled but delivered by amazon as amazon can only take responsibility for transit damage).

Last edited:
They don't do it in India.

Oh, that sucks. I thought since its Amazon and Apple, there might be a possibility. In many countries, this is there, maybe due to local laws the company has to enforce or just better customer experience.

I had one which I had imported from Aliexpress years back. QCY some model. It was good but didn't used it for calls much. I'll check the MI neckband you suggested.
I had the neckband from RHA several years ago which were also good in terms of audio quality, but they stopped making those. Sennheiser was also making it as part of the CX series for some time. At least those were decent in terms of audio quality if that is also a concern.
Bad idea, nowadays doing such things with costly items like smartphones is a sure shot way of amazon flagging your account for misuse so you can say goodbye to any future genuine return/replacement/refund request not to mention no more user specific offers in such flagged accounts.
@smnrock

No such luck at least in India. Here the cc companies(except maybe amex) practically don't honour chargeback policy of visa/mastercard regarding deficient products/services unless you are willing to fight a very long battle. In this case for example, unless amazon is willing to give you in writing that seller indeed committed fraud with you, your cc company won't even consider your chargeback request & getting such written confirmation from amazon is a task in itself especially for seller fulfilled products as amazon does not control the process except for delivery(if seller fulfilled but delivered by amazon as amazon can only take responsibility for transit damage).
I think you are generalising this. I had twice received chargebacks without any questions based on submitted documents, once with Citi and once with IndusInd.

If the ordered product is yet to be delivered you could consider cancelling and reordering bro. Alternate option is returning the product citing some issues.

XPG GAMMIX S50 1TB 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 4x4 NVMe Internal SSD with 55% coupon

Prime Exclusive Deal: Zotac Gaming GEFORCE RTX 3080 Trinity OC LHR 10GB GDDR6X

Bad idea,
Agree, i decided to swallow the loss and move on... Not only that, as i already mentioned, this was a surprise gift by my wife, so she did not use any of our own amazon account, neither our cards/banks(to avoid me getting to know before hand). She took her friend's help, so all was done through another person's account. They checked with amazon for possibility of getting refund and amazon denied.

Back