Amazon India lightning deals

FYI, one can sort on the "DRAM" column to quickly see all the SSDs with DRAM.
Dramless sata ssd are universally bad though still much better than any hdd as windows drive. There are good as well as bad dramless NVMe ssd with WD SN570/580/770 being the only dramless ssd models worth considering.
XPG Gammix S70 Blade M.2 NVME 2TB PCIe Gen4 2280 Internal Gaming SSD Read/Write Up to 7,400/6800 MB/s for ₹9,679 + Bank offers
Make sure to always keep backup of any important data on this drive on another drive all the time because this ssd has reliability issues(high chances of failure within first 1-2 years). To be more specific the issue is with the inngrit controller this ssd is using.
@Fenix

They're not universally bad. It depends on your use case and what you want from the ssd.
They are looking from ssd standards. I have some dramless ssd & sometimes they perform just like hdd which is certianly not expected from any ssd drive even if most of the time they work much faster than any hdd. On the other hand I also have dram ssd & they always work as expected from a ssd which is supposed to be always much faster than any hdd.

They are looking from ssd standards. I have some dramless ssd & sometimes they perform just like hdd which is certianly not expected from any ssd drive even if most of the time they work much faster than any hdd. On the other hand I also have dram ssd & they always work as expected from a ssd which is supposed to be always much faster than any hdd.
Any SSD will fall back to the native NAND speed when it runs out of DRAM or cache. If you are experiencing it on some of your DRAMless drives, then it is only because they have not provisioned for much SLC cache. WD also doesn't provision that much cache compared to Samsung for example, so it is easy to see where budget manufacturers cut costs.

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe 3.0 DRAM + TLC @ 5.1k + 10% card discount
Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe 4.0 @ 5.3k + 10% card discount
Crucial P3 1TB DRAM-less QLC @ 4.2K (+ discount?)

Slightly OT, my recommendations:

Primary boot drive: DRAM + TLC
Secondary drive: DRAM-less TLC
Game drive: DRAM-less QLC
Scratch disk (video editing): DRAM + TLC/MLC with high TBW rating + heatsink

If the price difference is small, certainly get the better drive. But for certain applications, even the slowest SSD will be way faster than HDD but negligible difference compared to any other SSD (for eg. game load times)

Last edited:
That name .. lol !
Still better than

1691001342137.png

You can at least trust that ssd johnny!

Make sure to always keep backup of any important data on this drive on another drive all the time because this ssd has reliability issues(high chances of failure within first 1-2 years). To be more specific the issue is with the inngrit controller this ssd is using.
@Fenix
As i already have WD 770 for OS, so i didn't buy that, instead i bought XPG S40G RGB for Aesthetic look of my pc, which is also good for pc gaming

Any SSD will fall back to the native NAND speed when it runs out of DRAM or cache. If you are experiencing it on some of your DRAMless drives, then it is only because they have not provisioned for much SLC cache. WD also doesn't provision that much cache compared to Samsung for example, so it is easy to see where budget manufacturers cut costs.
Even there, there are good dramless NVMe ssd like WD SN570 whose post cache speed is still around 500-600MB/s & most ssd nowadays have dynamic cache meaning it depends on free space left on drive so if one is planning on using more than 70-80% of available space(aka around 700-800GB on 1TB drive) then available cache shrinks to around just 50GB.

Amazon has changed the Freedom Sale dates. Before it was 5th to 9th August.

Now it's changed to 4th to 8th August. For Prime Members Sale starts today 12 Noon :)

Even there, there are good dramless NVMe ssd like WD SN570 whose post cache speed is still around 500-600MB/s & most ssd nowadays have dynamic cache meaning it depends on free space left on drive so if one is planning on using more than 70-80% of available space(aka around 700-800GB on 1TB drive) then available cache shrinks to around just 50GB.
Those are again all the places where costs are cut. WD SN570 has only 12 GB dedicated cache and no hardware encryption compared to a 980 which has 160 GB dynamic cache for 1TB capacity with hardware encryption, which works better for daily use cases, unless you fill up the capacity. Then there is the quality of the NAND cell itself and the controller.

If you are using a SATA drive especially, then the non-cache speed drops to 200 MBps or less.

Those are again all the places where costs are cut. WD SN570 has only 12 GB dedicated cache and no hardware encryption compared to a 980 which has 160 GB dynamic cache for 1TB capacity with hardware encryption, which works better for daily use cases, unless you fill up the capacity. Then there is the quality of the NAND cell itself and the controller.

If you are using a SATA drive especially, then the non-cache speed drops to 200 MBps or less.
What could be the-
1. best cheapest ssd for games drive
2. best cheapest ssd for general media storage to replace hdd (and it's annoying sound)

Anybody can suggest.

//
Regarding deals, just now I've seen prices of all items in my wishlist suddenly increased by minimum 1.5x

Edit: Now back to the same prices of yesterday or 1.2x and offers card discount on min purchase.

Last edited:
Back