Amazon Introduces Its Most Powerful Fire TV Sticks Ever (2023)

prime

Skilled
Amazon is introducing its latest streaming players, the upgraded Fire TV Stick 4K ($49.99) and Fire TV Stick 4K Max ($59.99). During the company’s fall hardware event, Amazon’s Daniel Rausch said both devices feature upgraded processors for faster performance compared to their predecessors.

Fire_TV_Stick_4K_Max_Image_1.jpg

The standard Fire TV Stick 4K is 30 percent more powerful than the previous model, offers Wi-Fi 6, and 4K streaming along with broad HDR support for Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HDR10 Plus. The Max builds on top of that with Wi-Fi 6E and twice the storage (now 16GB) than the prior version.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/20/23882154/amazon-fire-tv-stick-4k-max-soundbar-announced

Comparison.png

Powerful is quite a pointless term considering the A-55 is from 2017 and Imagination GE9215 from 2018, something that Fire OS will make redundant with its crappy interface.

AV1 support is probably the best thing along with 16 GB support on the Max. Fact that it is now on Android 11 will probably help with sideloading of apps that have higher API target levels.

I am using appletv 4k and it is far better.

Anyways, I'm more interested in echo hub, will it come to india?

It definitely is better but but not for people wanting ad free youtube for free (without premium), or want to install 3rd party APKs or Kodi and such. I use Kodi heavily and do have apple tv HD that I bought only for trying it out and the only use we get is my kids playing Real Racing and Tennis with the siri remote.

It definitely is better but but not for people wanting ad free youtube for free (without premium), or want to install 3rd party APKs or Kodi and such. I use Kodi heavily and do have apple tv HD that I bought only for trying it out and the only use we get is my kids playing Real Racing and Tennis with the siri remote.
I have Youtube family premium which costs so less compared to individual plan.

I have Youtube family premium which costs so less compared to individual plan.

As I mentioned, it is for people who want the ad free and even additionally sponsor block and such features. I totally agree on youtube premium.

Also, Kodi (for me) is super important as even things that are official apps like Netflix, JioCinema I watch at higher speed and without ads thanks to Kodi addons and my Live TV source is JioTV kodi addon.

we got it bro,
1. you are super rich
2. you have all subscription available on this earth.
3. you have Apple TV.

thank for reminding us in every thread :)

I am someone who I think can "afford" the subscriptions and even apple tv but somehow I don't feel like putting money in these. I am not sure what it is. May be I am old that is why and my first intuition is to find a "free" source than a paid one. May be because I grew with torrents and rapidshare and such download sites and never accessed without piracy.

We have too many OTTs. Let's wait for Ambani or someone to buy most of them and I will happily pay to one or two, instead of having to pay for too many companies.

On the other hand, I have tried to use Apple TV app on my Samsung TV. The app is so good, ui is so polished. I wish every app feels this good. Ofcourse there are less features though - no stats for nerds kinda thing. 15k price for appletv hardware seems too much though.

@raksrules even people pay, still their data/privacy is harvested. paying for those app literally is promoting this evil business model.
i learnt very hard way in paying for app, etc. one example i cant forget is crystal -- probably in 2015 when iOS introduced content blocker - i paid probably 30/40$ for that app only to work for 2-3 month and within a year its redundant. I have n-number of example in android of such.

In open source options we have 100% control, and flexibility.
for example youtube official is one of the hideous UI i have ever see ( that goes to all Google app post material design era), in smartyoutube app we control entire thing, right form thumbnail size to hide news and other BS, heck just use a non-indian proxy and one is spared from all cancer causing content.

for example youtube official is one of the hideous UI i have ever see ( that goes to all Google app post material design era), in smartyoutube app we control entire thing, right form thumbnail size to hide news and other BS, heck just use a non-indian proxy and one is spared from all cancer causing content.
The best thing youtube recently did is, to stop suggesting all the junk content if our watch history is off. This is actually great for many viewers.

@raksrules even people pay, still their data/privacy is harvested. paying for those app literally is promoting this evil business model.
i learnt very hard way in paying for app, etc. one example i cant forget is crystal -- probably in 2015 when iOS introduced content blocker - i paid probably 30/40$ for that app only to work for 2-3 month and within a year its redundant. I have n-number of example in android of such.

In open source options we have 100% control, and flexibility.

Remember that for stuff likes movies if one "Buys" on say amazon prime, it is only available until amazon has the license to keep it on its platform. If the movie is taken off prime platform, you having bought it is irrelevant.

Let's wait for Ambani or someone to buy most of them and I will happily pay to one or two, instead of having to pay for too many companies.
OOTs are too easy kill for jio, they already thrown disney in verge of their grave after snatching the cricket rights.

They first want to destroy the remains of TV - which is still surviving in tier 2/3 and below.
they seriously working in on that line already - Airfiber is just the pilot project on that direction.
We can see airfiber is exact replica of DTH model. no middle-man in between. and got internet along with TV.

If the movie is taken off prime platform, you having bought it is irrelevant.
exactly what we just witnessed recently, when motabhai got WB, paramount & HBO, ticked in his shopping list.
all good movies vanished form prime.. and poor guys now buying right of prehistoric Bollywood films to fill their catalogue.

Disney alredy begging motabhai to buy disney+hotstar :)

Last edited:
OOTs are too easy kill for jio, they already thrown disney in verge of their grave after snatching the cricket rights.

They first want to destroy the remains of TV - which is still surviving in tier 2/3 and below.
they seriously working in on that line already - Airfiber is just the pilot project on that direction.
We can see airfiber is exact replica of DTH model. no middle-man in between. and got internet along with TV.
what??

exactly what we just witnessed recently, when motabhai got WB, paramount & HBO, ticked in his shopping list.
all good movies vanished form prime.. and poor guys now buying right of prehistoric Bollywood films to fill their catalogue.

Disney alredy begging motabhai to buy disney+hotstar :)
There is only 1 thing bhai needs to do but somehow won't.
Be transparent in terms of internet connection, do less sniffing, less blocking and give good pings for gaming like airtel, act.

Jio play a long-term game, remember when other were fighting for 4G they simply skipped and started rolling 5G infrastructure across nation.
it wont take much longer to replace DTH dish antenna with jio's fiber box. It has TV+wifi, what else people want.

jio is already holding an installation camp in our society since weeks , saying 6 month free or something.
Be transparent in terms of internet connection, do less sniffing, less blocking and give good pings for gaming like airtel, act.
people like us are not his primary target customer.

Edit: if one observed, one need a jio number already to use jioTV. its not hard for them to tie all jio services with that one mobile number, like pay 600/- for jio number+wifi+Tv.
once they kill the competition, people wil be bound to pay whatever they want.. just like jio sim, once started free, now costliest in the country.

Last edited:
Back