Amazon Introduces Its Most Powerful Fire TV Sticks Ever (2023)

Jio play a long-term game, remember when other were fighting for 4G they simply skipped and started rolling 5G infrastructure across nation.
it wont take much longer to replace DTH dish antenna with jio's fiber fox. It has TV+wifi, what else people want.
If Jio can get rid of seperate dish installation and give all channels, then that's actually great. Besides we don't have 1080p+ dth channels anyway.
jio is already holding a installation camp in our society , saying 6 month free or something.
6 months free is great. Others won't even compensate for 1 day of internet loss.

people like us are not his parimary target customer.
If ambani is reading this, please launch JioFiber+ for this purpose.

We have too many OTTs. Let's wait for Ambani or someone to buy most of them and I will happily pay to one or two, instead of having to pay for too many companies.

On the other hand, I have tried to use Apple TV app on my Samsung TV. The app is so good, ui is so polished. I wish every app feels this good. Ofcourse there are less features though - no stats for nerds kinda thing. 15k price for appletv hardware seems too much though.
You already have services like Airtel Xstream, Tata Play Binge, Jio OTT bundling that aggregate 12-20+ OTT apps at cable/DTH subscription charges. Even if it is Ambani, there will still be monopoly concerns raised by other media companies, so probably the bundling approach will be the way forward.

we got it bro,
1. you are super rich
2. you have all subscription available on this earth.
3. you have Apple TV.

thank for reminding us in every thread :)

umm, no! I don't have apple tv+ subscription. Ironic no? I use a shared netflix subscription, and whatnot lol. Don't judge too fast.

Anyways, it's not abt money but more about service. I actually wanted to return apple tv 4k to apple, long story, but I have tried LG's OLED UI, Sony's OLED UI, Samsung's QLED UI, Firestick's UI, and all of them are crap. Apple's alot better but then minimal remote sometimes can be a pain unless HDMI-CEC.

The point of my original tweet was for echo hub though, it looks classy and I think it's time I upgrade my echo show 5 which I got 3 yrs back.
If ambani is reading this, please launch JioFiber+ for this purpose.

I wish ambani would have released airfiber like service tied to the already sim we have and it also acted like a signal boosted. People pay like 10k~ for boosters and these companies got buying boosters illegal.

Jio play a long-term game, remember when other were fighting for 4G they simply skipped and started rolling 5G infrastructure across nation.
it wont take much longer to replace DTH dish antenna with jio's fiber box. It has TV+wifi, what else people want.

jio is already holding an installation camp in our society since weeks , saying 6 month free or something.

people like us are not his primary target customer.

Edit: if one observed, one need a jio number already to use jioTV. its not hard for them to tie all jio services with that one mobile number, like pay 600/- for jio number+wifi+Tv.
once they kill the competition, people wil be bound to pay whatever they want.. just like jio sim, once started free, now costliest in the country.
how is jio costliest? is it in different circles? for us it's actually the cheapest.

As for the wifi+tv+number combo, those already exists from other ISPs and haven't done much disruption in the space if any.

And honestly, people really should stop fear mongering, if Jio AirFiber really works as advertised then I would have gladly paid for it years ago, maybe yall have had fiber/broadband internet since ages but it's been a really recent phenomenon in my area with only jio being available, I would happily pay even twice the price just to get fiber here.

P.S. we might finally get 1080p DTH channels or even 4k with proper bitrates, that's the dream heh

does Firetv stick support playstore and google services installation?
You need root to do that as I had done it in the past, but as a normal user, it is impossible. Also some apps made for Android TV using Google's framework don't always work well with Fire OS eg. the keyboard input might not be invoked. Lastly, Amazon never updates the Android version itself, so apps that taget higher APIs eventually stop working.

few apps are not working with sideload, its asking for google play service need to be installed
For most app makers, the target is Android/Google TV. You will find for same apps the version on the Amazon store is much older. Also Amazon insists on using their framework for validating subscriptions, for example, and sideloading newer versions of those apps will not work.

I access a lot of services over the browser and JioPages is probably one of those updated regularly. It too only invoked the Google keyboard and didn't work with FireOS back in the day.

Eventually, switched to Google TV as it gets Android version upgrades, all apps work fine, Chromecast is more universal than the mirroring used by Amazon and personally like the interface better.

Back