Amazon Sellers buying reviews

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Just now my order got delivered and see what I found inside..

1686149416847.png

I have seen this for many years now, but seems the frequency of this coming up on forums, other social media platforms and even through friends/family seems to have gone up.
They tell buyers to leave a '5-start favourable review' to get ₹50 cash in wallet/UPI.

How do you trust Amazon reviews now?

And Amazon seems to be doing NOTHING to stop it.
Even went far as to discard my review when i tried to call out one such company (Zlade).
In this case though, the seller broke another one of the Amazon Seller rules: they contacted the buyer (me) via the shipping information I shared (my number, in this case). This is against Seller TOS (I have been a seller on Amazon so I know this for sure).
If any seller on Amazon tries to contact you/adds you to your marketing list other than the messages section in Amazon website/App, that is definitely against the Seller TOS.
I am very mad.
1686151236076.png

I have seen this for many years now, but seems the frequency of this coming up on forums, other social media platforms and even through friends/family seems to have gone up.
They tell buyers to leave a '5-start favourable review' to get ₹50 cash in wallet/UPI.

Even went far as to discard my review when i tried to call out one such company (Zlade).
In this case though, the seller broke another one of the Amazon Seller rules: they contacted the buyer (me) via the shipping information I shared (my number, in this case). This is against Seller TOS (I have been a seller on Amazon so I know this for sure).
If any seller on Amazon tries to contact you/adds you to your marketing list other than the messages section in Amazon website/App, that is definitely against the Seller TOS.
I am very mad.
View attachment 170238
Review system on Amazon is bullshit when concerning the seller

Recently bought a Smart plug and received the below message in whatsapp from the seller. He also called me and spoke to me on the product useage and then asked me for a five star review. I bought this product based on the reviews but now it seems that most of them are paid reviews. However the product is holding good as of now and working without any problem. I've come across many such products that asks for five star rating and passing out Amazon coupons for Rs.50/100 for five star rating. Strangely Amazon did not publish my review for one product when I reviewed that the seller is asking for star review and handing out Amazon coupons. Seems like Amazon is also hand in glove with some sellers on this paid reviews.

1686152903628.jpeg

I had the same experience when I bought a bag. Rs 50 UPI if I leave an Amazon review. I did fell for it. 3 months later, I realised how trash the bag was and I would have never left that review at all.

I don't know why your review was discarded. I've seen people post photos of any message that offers paid reviews.

It used to be illegal. Remember amazon in Washington kicked out over 250k accounts back in 2016 for exactly this, paid reviews.
Recently bought a Smart plug and received the below message in whatsapp from the seller. He also called me and spoke to me on the product useage and then asked me for a five star review.
Is this the one ?
I bought this product based on the reviews but now it seems that most of them are paid reviews.
I have a smart switch by them and can vouch for it. The user help service was also very good. Exceptional

Now what did they say when you asked them about RMS compliance for this product?

Last edited:
Is this the one ?

I have a smart switch by them and can vouch for it. The user help service was also very good. Exceptional

Now what did they say when you asked them about RMS compliance for this product?
Yes the same product you have linked. It works well and the product quality is good and readings are accurate for the smart plug. When the seller spoke to me I did not ask anything about the RMS compliance. What about the RMS compliance? Is that something that needs attention? He explained about other smart wifi plugs. Basically a sales call for their other products. If their product is good they are bound to get good star rating and I don't know why the seller is insisting on five star review. I however told him that I will use the product for sometime and rate and review accordingly.

I remember when I bought a table on Amazon, the seller/maker Wakefit guys made several calls/sms asking me for 5 stars. I gave 3 stars after using for a while and the calls doubled and they were politely demanding a 5-star review. I didn't budge and they stopped asking after a few days.

2000 per person is enough to buy vote in my state.
That's somewhat cheaper, I guess. In few states I heard it could go till 5k and some other benefits after win.

Yes the same product you have linked. It works well and the product quality is good and readings are accurate for the smart plug. When the seller spoke to me I did not ask anything about the RMS compliance. What about the RMS compliance? Is that something that needs attention? He explained about other smart wifi plugs. Basically a sales call for their other products. If their product is good they are bound to get good star rating and I don't know why the seller is insisting on five star review. I however told him that I will use the product for sometime and rate and review accordingly.
You asked about this topic and my reply is here

Look at the specs and see if the words RMS or instantaneous are there. Meters with this feature are more accurate. The only way you know is if it comes with a calibration certificate or if you compare it with a known accurate meter.

AFAIK none of these smart plugs can read RMS. The only thing I see them good for is as a timer switch not for power measurement.

Clearing the air amidst all the gossip rants etc., my post was moved to a new thread created by the mods themselves incl. the title .
I'm unsure if this title is right or not and not even sure why the move..

Anyways, the story so far..
I ordered a 1mtr LED strip from the same seller back in 2021 but it conked off so returned for a refund.

In the third week of May this year, I ordered the same product again but the product didn't work as expected so I opted for a replacement instead of a refund.
Replacement arrived, I installed it but it got some partial errors just in a few mins. Got refunded!

Re-ordered the same item, this time it looked promising but as soon as I installed it, it conked off partially and the game continues...Got refunded!

Parallelly, I ordered similar item but from a different seller and a remote one and experienced that the remote stuff is very ltd. in terms of functionality and other parameters compared to normal ones so returned that one, got refunded!

Again, ordered the earlier brands 2mtr strip, it was/is still working fine but its brightness level is too low compared to a 1mtr so its going to go for a refund! But i have kept it to compare it with 1mtr ones overall illumination factors.

Finally, I thought about giving it a last try and ordered one last for this lifetime, it arrived yesterday along with the Rs 50 voucher and installed it, working great except for the gum which is coming-off easily at many places. Not much of an issue. I will fix it using fevicol etc.

But it seems now the R-R game is finally over but wait, the 2mtr one still needs to be sent for a refund!

Thus, for the past 4 weeks its all R-R game going on.

Never in my life have I ever thought that a nominal product will cost so much of Replacement/Refund woes even though Amazon is very patient in handling all this but ultimately its the product to be blamed for...

Now, coming to the ratings and all, I'm going to put my honest exp. in the reviews even if they send me a Rs. 2k note it wont count as the hassles I have to go through just for a 350buck product is simply not worthy at all..

In fact, the seller should award me for still opting for his product even after so many issues!

My another query is, if the seller is Appario but the actual product belongs to a different store/brand say Adidas. In this case, does Adidas comes to know about my refund/replacement thing or its only the Appario?
If so, then how come we receive a voucher directly from Adidas or its the Appraio who puts it in the box during packing?

My another query is, if the seller is Appario but the actual product belongs to a different store/brand say Adidas. In this case, does Adidas comes to know about my refund/replacement thing or its only the Appario?
If so, then how come we receive a voucher directly from Adidas or its the Appraio who puts it in the box during packing?
The seller gets it. Not the Brand. If brand is selling directly (like Zlade was doing in my case) then they can contact for such.

Back