Amazon Sellers buying reviews

Look what I got in my recent order... Lucky winner gets up to rs. 1000

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-09 at 2.59.03 AM.jpeg

Beware, when I tried to return one of my orders (wrong product received) I got a warning from Amazon stating your account may get banned due to too many returns
Ya buddy know that but reasons are genuine and its the products fault, couldn't help and the same is conveyed to the customer care too. and in the comments for return/refund and its the same seller as well.

As said earlier, never in my life I had to return stuff back-to-back but I need that product and it worked finally! Hopefully this should be the last return for coming months..

I also leave honest sensible feedbacks be it negative ones esp. without any ranting and amazon has never ever deleted any of those.

Last edited:
Ya buddy know that but reasons are genuine and its the products fault, couldn't help and the same is conveyed to the customer care too. and in the comments for return/refund and its the same seller as well.

As said earlier, never in my life I had to return stuff back-to-back but I need that product and it worked finally! Hopefully this should be the last return for coming months...
Yeah, make sure to make your comments heard by the customer care. Afaik, if your account gets banned, there's no easy way to dispute it. No refunds for prime as well.

You asked about this topic and my reply is here

Look at the specs and see if the words RMS or instantaneous are there. Meters with this feature are more accurate. The only way you know is if it comes with a calibration certificate or if you compare it with a known accurate meter.

AFAIK none of these smart plugs can read RMS. The only thing I see them good for is as a timer switch not for power measurement.
Going slightly off topic, but some Tuya (ODM/platform provider for pretty much all smart plugs, including wipro, polycab etc) plugs integrate the BL0937 chip for dedicated power monitoring, and they do in fact have trms measurements (vrms and irms, they claim to have 2 high accuracy delta sigma adcs, datasheet here https://www.belling.com.cn/media/file_object/bel_product/BL0937/datasheet/BL0937_V1.02_en.pdf).

The polycab smart plugs are calibrated well out of the box, and measure accurately against a dedicated power meter.

I have found some smart plugs that are still susceptible to tuya-cloudcutter (most on the market aren't, including the polycab ones), use the bl0937 chip for power and can be flashed to openBeken (these use bk7231n chips for the main mcu, not espressif chips). The zunpulse 10A smart plugs (not 16a) cost me 450rs each on tatacliq, for an order of 5 plugs, and are still on firmware that's vulnerable to OTA flash.

Once flashed to openbeken, they can be calibrated against a known good power monitoring device and they work perfectly with local control.

Going slightly off topic, but some Tuya (ODM/platform provider for pretty much all smart plugs, including wipro, polycab etc) plugs integrate the BL0937 chip for dedicated power monitoring, and they do in fact have trms measurements (vrms and irms, they claim to have 2 high accuracy delta sigma adcs, datasheet here https://www.belling.com.cn/media/file_object/bel_product/BL0937/datasheet/BL0937_V1.02_en.pdf).
This power meter mentions RMS. Wipro does not have that chip unless they have updated versions. If the ability is there then why not mention it in the specs as the amici meter does? Also to discover which does and does not requires a teardown which is unlikely given the number of these smartplugs.

Check this post Also see the vid here. That second one was what clued me into the problem in the first place. People use these meters for long-term monitoring. Not just one off measurements. That is where the accuracy or drift comes in. Not fun to discover after a month your reading are invalid.

The polycab smart plugs are calibrated well out of the box, and measure accurately against a dedicated power meter.
This review mentions that polycab has the Esp8266/32 hardware that can be flashed.
I have found some smart plugs that are still susceptible to tuya-cloudcutter (most on the market aren't, including the polycab ones), use the bl0937 chip for power and can be flashed to openBeken (these use bk7231n chips for the main mcu, not espressif chips). The zunpulse 10A smart plugs (not 16a) cost me 450rs each on tatacliq, for an order of 5 plugs, and are still on firmware that's vulnerable to OTA flash.

No mention of RMS. Do you see anything in its docs?

The ads show its a timer switch that can be controlled from outside the home. All good. Power monitoring seems like an afterthought. Yeah its there but its not highlighted
Once flashed to openbeken, they can be calibrated against a known good power monitoring device and they work perfectly with local control.
This requires you to have a known calibrated power meter in the first place and the smart plug must allow itself to be calibrated.

I recommend going with a Meco that comes with a calibration cert for the purpose of power monitoring. Let that be the first purchase. I find people here want to buy just one product.

If you would then like the added convenience it might be worth considering your recommendations. Good post :)

Last edited:
This review mentions that polycab has the Esp8266/32 hardware that can be flashed.
They can be flashed after you take them apart, which is a destructive process due to their construction. Tuya, with a fw update blocked the current tuya-convert/cloudcutter process for esp based smart plugs. The idea is to find plugs which can be flashed OTA, like the zunpulse ones.
No mention of RMS. Do you see anything in its docs?
Docs? They just have a registered business that they use to brand the tuya devices. Even their own app is made by tuya, you just need to upload your brand to tuya portal and tuya will customize their Tuya Smart app to look like the brands. They certainly do not have public facing docs, and you're unlikely to get one unless you can get in touch with the engineers.

Unfortunately, you can't tell unless you buy one, tear it apart and check, which is what I did. Once I verified that it has proper hardware, and can be flashed OTA I ordered a bunch more.
This requires you to have a known calibrated power meter in the first place and the smart plug must allow itself to be calibrated
Agreed, I have one, that's why I can verify if a plug is calibrated out of the box. Polycab ones have been pretty good in my experience, I have six of them, however I want local control + monitoring for my hardware, and localtuya is finicky at best. These zunpulse ones are perfect for my needs, as they have the proper hardware and vulnerable to OTA flash. Calibrated these with various load and power factor devices, and looks to be working fine. YMMV

I am certainly not recommending these unless you're ready to DIY initially and check/calibrate against known good meters periodically.

I think, paying 50 rs to a customer is cheaper than hiring a company to post bunch of positive reviews on your product.

I wonder what's the current running rate for buying reviews on Amazon? Does anyone know? I'm not in the game anymore otherwise I'd probably know.

I think, paying 50 rs to a customer is cheaper than hiring a company to post bunch of positive reviews on your product.

I wonder what's the current running rate for buying reviews on Amazon? Does anyone know? I'm not in the game anymore otherwise I'd probably know.

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_230516.jpg
    IMG_20230608_230516.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 46
There are firms who sell amazon reviews. If you have a product on amazon you can hire such firms to post positive reviews on your products. I meant to ask, how much these firms charge these days?

There are firms who sell amazon reviews. If you have a product on amazon you can hire such firms to post positive reviews on your products. I meant to ask, how much these firms charge these days?
Forget amazon reviews, we get whatsapp spam msgs offering 100-500 bucks to post positive reviews for a random restaurant for who knows the taste might be as shitty as it can be and unhygienic food.
Yet people here are happy to defend that giving such fake reviews is completely fine...

Back