Amazon selling AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 for only $49.99

Guys actually, US orders have tax, while to india there is shipping and customs, but no tax. The difference is only about 700-800.

Only if there was a definite and not expensive way to unlock this device.
Yeah if only. -___-
But who would've thought that the price would hit this low. I mean no one might have expected this to happen.
My only question is how or why did the rates of unlocking codes suddenly shot up? O.O (heard its about $40 *gulp*)
Or is it what I think it is? AT&T cashing in on the success of the product?
@Julian i still have high hopes for you on this bro. LOL. :p

Someone change the title please.

and i got this off a YT vid comment
:
You're better option is to find someone with AT&T Service and to ask them to help you to unlock the phone. ATT customer's with 6 months of good standing service are allowed to unlock 5 phone devices for free... att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/termsAndCondition

Last edited:
LOL i'm having nightmares of dozens of lumia being chucked at my head if this thing is unlockable...

I'm about 80% confident this will work based on the mobile guys' confidence.

AT&T recently (mid-nov) changed their unlock policy so that only if you have used a particular device for 6 months on their network will they unlock it for you. Naturally this made the unlock price shoot up, in fact most online imei-to-code unlockind services do not even offer this service any more.

I personally don't think this phone is worth the 7.5k it costs in india, especially having only 512mb of ram which is a future issue wrt. apps. The amazon price though, is just sweet. Worst case, it's a decent media player for 4k :confused:

In fact, i was gonna buy two (one for a cuz) but amazon is restricting purchases to 1. Yesterday it was two.

Just contact any Nitro ATF box owner in your area, and he will do it for you... It's a hardware mod but completely safe....

From the slickdeals thread... unlocking still expensive.
I have just got unlock code from cellphoneunlock.net a few days ago. It took them around 15 days (2 weeks) and an email at the end to remind about myself. They gave me a code (20 digit) and said "try this one" like they were not sure if it will work. Code did work without problems. I paid $34.99 for it, original was $39.99 but I found a coupon for $5 off ("at&tiphoneretailmenot" - that's the coupon, it's not supposed to work here :), and now they agreed to refund another 25% ($8.75) after I post a video with successful unlock. I was hoping for full refund with the video but they only can give me 25% off, making it like $26, which is not all that bad. $55 for the phone plus $26 unlock makes $81 new unlocked W8 phone.
Just a few days ago I've seen unlock price go up to 59.99, now it's back to 39.99. BTW don't use instructions on their Lumia 521 page, they don't work, simply insert not Tmo sim card and enter code when prompted, it was easy enough. It works without sim or without unlock as well.

I think these mobile guys are using a similar device to unlock it. The ATF nitro box costs about $100 to buy, plus each unlock costs a certain amount of credits which has to be purchased from the manufacturer of the box, so obviously these guys will charge something more than that.

I had once hacked a samsung i5801 which was sim locked to an austrian orange network, by referring to a youtube video. It didn't need a dongle though, worked directly connected through uUSB. the unlocking software needed credits and i couldn't/wouldn't buy any online, so used an http intercept software called fiddler to fool the software into thinking the server sent a reply saying i have the required number of credits. But the lumia is a much more complicated system and i don't really think it can be unlocked as easily.

p.s. my order: lumiaorder.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't you need that BIS certificate or something to get it cleared through customs? Standard shipping is USPost right?

Man, don't tell me customs is gonna give me a hard time. I thought people on TE bought phones from amazon all the time

Just contact any Nitro ATF box owner in your area, and he will do it for you... It's a hardware mod but completely safe....
Guaranteed? And I dont know of anyone doing it here in delhi. Perhaps you can share more details on the same regardless of the situation.
I can also send you the device to you if you know of anyone who does it.

Man, it should be pretty easy to find a place especially in the metros. Go around looking for mobile repair places. Make sure they have at least one PC. See if they have a few dongles lying around. They're usually usb at one end and rj45 at the other. Then ask them if they sim network unlock phones from the US. Shouldn't take you more than a day to find a few places if you're looking in the right place. I dunno about delhi, but in bombay they have manish market/sara market/heera panna. Maybe lamington road.

Guaranteed? And I dont know of anyone doing it here in delhi. Perhaps you can share more details on the same regardless of the situation.
I can also send you the device to you if you know of anyone who does it.

Easy way two find someone with box is just open ATF Nitro flasher official site and go to list of official distributor of Nitro in India and there are plenty of people....
Just call one of the distributor, though they are distributor they still do unlocking...

Easy way two find someone with box is just open ATF Nitro flasher official site and go to list of official distributor of Nitro in India and there are plenty of people....
Just call one of the distributor, though they are distributor they still do unlocking...
Already did the exact thing . People say 500/600 (after bargaining ) . On hearing thats its locked to AT&T says might take time , unlock might be done in 24 hours to 7 days

ATF Nitro box unlock process is hardware base and it's doesn't require any code to unlock... There is option in ATF box software to unlock Lumia device... For more detail just visit gsmhosting forum ... It will take hardly half hour of guys know what he is doing... For ATF box it's does not matter if phone is locked to AT&T or TMobile or Vodafone UK...

Back