AMD 6000 series graphics cards

The prices are absurd. I don't know why AMD India is giving their Indian partners a free rein. Its not their first time either.
At this point I feel that AMD fanboy or not everyone should buy only Nvidia videocards just to show AMD that people are not gonna buy into their BS.

AMD seems to be doing this everywhere. They have jacked up the prices despite launching 6800XT as a $650 card. All 3rd party models are having an MSRP of $750 or $800 & this seems to be AMDs doing rather than 3rd party manufacturers to capitalize on the current situation & expand the margin as much as possible. Reportedly even at these marked up prices, the 3rd party manufacturers are operating at a 10% margin. This clearly indicates that AMD has jacked up the prices at their end. At least Nvidia is selling some stock of reference model at MSRP & are doing a better job than AMD.

Watch the latest video from Steve of Hardware Unboxed, he seems to have done some research on this.

AMD seems to be doing this everywhere. They have jacked up the prices despite launching 6800XT as a $650 card. All 3rd party models are having an MSRP of $750 or $800 & this seems to be AMDs doing rather than 3rd party manufacturers to capitalize on the current situation & expand the margin as much as possible. Reportedly even at these marked up prices, the 3rd party manufacturers are operating at a 10% margin. This clearly indicates that AMD has jacked up the prices at their end. At least Nvidia is selling some stock of reference model at MSRP & are doing a better job than AMD.

Watch the latest video from Steve of Hardware Unboxed, he seems to have done some research on this.
I am going with 3080 now. F to amd in GPU market.

I am going with 3080 now. F to amd in GPU market.
heh they are not doing that well even in the cpu department. They are either overpriced or out of stock. Screw the performances and other crap, what's the point if the price is much higher than expected and not in stock. AMD has become very scummy. Also I now strongly believe that the shortage is artificial/intentional to rake in huge profits (to make up for their past losses maybe?). They know that they can get away with this because of the very extremely limited supply. $650 my ass.

Last edited:
heh they are not doing that well even in the cpu department. They are either overpriced or out of stock. Screw the performances and other crap, what's the point if the price is much higher than expected and not in stock. Scummy.
cpu is still better and reasonable. GPU is just insane :/

Make up your mind and buy something and let us know how much $ you burned.
I'm thinking of a way to get the R5 5600X from abroad without overspending. I might have to hold off my build.

Back