AMD 6000 series graphics cards

Its still a good alternative to RTX 3090 if you dont care about Ray tracing Cuda dev Nvec etc RtX 3090 FE cost 133300RS
Good card for UW gaming
But in this day and age who doesn't care about raytracing? And at that pricepoint, if i were to buy a gpu i would expect to get the best of the best, and raytracing at the moment is what seems to be defining what is truly next gen. DLSS also would be a major factor and will have to see what AMD can come up with themselves.

But in this day and age who doesn't care about raytracing? And at that pricepoint, if i were to buy a gpu i would expect to get the best of the best, and raytracing at the moment is what seems to be defining what is truly next gen. DLSS also would be a major factor and will have to see what AMD can come up with themselves.
We could
But me personally i dont care about RT stuff
Oh also btw i save 30000rs which i can invest in gaming peripherals which will be better than any RT stuff

But me personally i dont care about RT stuff

Oh also btw i save 30000rs which i can invest in gaming peripherals which will be better than any RT stuff
It depends on what you do. 3090 isn't a card for gamers. If you have other pro stuff to do alongwith games, it makes sense. In pro stuff like rendering and game development, the amd cards suck really bad due to driver bugs.

It depends on what you do. 3090 isn't a card for gamers. If you have other pro stuff to do alongwith games, it makes sense. In pro stuff like rendering and game development, the amd cards suck really bad due to driver bugs.
True. RTX 3090 and 6900XT is not for everyone but a niche of users. 2060/2060super/1660 Series were more common, hell you can also add 1650's to the family.

True. RTX 3090 and 6900XT is not for everyone but a niche of users. 2060/2060super/1660 Series were more common, hell you can also add 1650's to the family.
The 6900 XT is honestly for nobody. You'd only buy it if you can't find a 6800 XT in stock. It has zero benefits over the 6800 XT.

In comparison the 3090 at least has that gigantic 24GB frame buffer which is useful in rendering apps like blender and v-ray. Also useful for machine learning where NVIDIA absolutely murders AMD.

Slightly off topic to the 6900XT discussion above, but I think the prices of the whole AMD range is a bit absurd even at US MRP. They have priced them w.r.t their rasterizing performance compared to RTX 3XXX series while totally forgetting DLSS & superior Ray tracing performance of the green team. They basically know that they can get away with any pricing at this point of time due to the low availability & are totally capitalizing on that. They eventually will have to undercut RTX3XXX series in international market if not in India.

^^ Well, it is a capitalist market, I dont fault AMD or Nvidia with the current pricing, pure demand and supply, the real competition will happen once the supply stabilizes, then we will have a real price war on our hands, till then its a free for all.

PS - Where are you guys able to purchase FE cards from, they are never in stock I was ready to buy them at the increased rates as well, the RP Tech site, wouldnt let me proceed. @Chaos how on earth did you snag a 3080 from IT Depot at 74k have been tracking it ever since, no luck.

^^ Well, it is a capitalist market, I dont fault AMD or Nvidia with the current pricing, pure demand and supply, the real competition will happen once the supply stabilizes, then we will have a real price war on our hands, till then its a free for all.

PS - Where are you guys able to purchase FE cards from, they are never in stock I was ready to buy them at the increased rates as well, the RP Tech site, wouldnt let me proceed. @Chaos how on earth did you snag a 3080 from IT Depot at 74k have been tracking it ever since, no luck.
Mail nvidia-store@rptechindia.com and they will put you on waiting list for FE. Rashi peripherals is the official distributor founders edition cards

Luck of the draw - it was there for a very short period.

Looks like RX 6000 series reference designs are being discontinued.

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rad...6800-reference-desings-are-being-discontinued

My point was less to do with the demand supply & more w.r.t to AMDs product pricing(MSRP) w.r.t competition. Nvidia at least priced the RTX 3XXX series competitively(MSRP). Market demand & supply benefits are usually reaped by the retailers but AMD decided to have some action in that as well.

Last edited:
Folks waiting for an rx 6800/6900 card - did you manage to get one?
1609832630324.png

Went for RX6800XT due to necessity was looking for 3080 but was quote 80k for Colorful Advance Oc. good card but I am went for AMD RX 6800 XT Nitro Plus for Rs. 81,672 shipped. 16gb ram will come handy somewhere. and like this also I do gaming on 1440p !

only 2 more remaining :p found one more guy who was looking to buy 3080. But gave the order with me at the same time on `primeabgb` :hilarious: world is so small place :angelic:

Back