AMD 6000 series graphics cards

Some games have bad frame drops to the point of making it unplayable, not sure if it was freesync issue but in watchdogs frames dipped to low 40s constantly to the point I just uninstalled it. Even in GTA 5 online, even with freesync off it randomly drops fps to 50s but at that time GPU usage will be very low, it was weird.

But the thing that made me sell was the flickering issue, it flickers randomly even while scrolling in YouTube. It was really bad like I'll be watching a video and scroll down to recommended videos and it'll start flickering. They never fixed it even after reporting it. Now I'm using my old HD 7850 and it doesn't flicker anymore.
I was having flicker issue so installed the 21.1.1 and 21.2.2 and the issue was resolved. 21.2.2 is pretty stable. no dips or any issue on frame rates.

Some games have bad frame drops to the point of making it unplayable, not sure if it was freesync issue but in watchdogs frames dipped to low 40s constantly to the point I just uninstalled it. Even in GTA 5 online, even with freesync off it randomly drops fps to 50s but at that time GPU usage will be very low, it was weird.

But the thing that made me sell was the flickering issue, it flickers randomly even while scrolling in YouTube. It was really bad like I'll be watching a video and scroll down to recommended videos and it'll start flickering. They never fixed it even after reporting it. Now I'm using my old HD 7850 and it doesn't flicker anymore.
Did the person whom you sold it to have that problem? Update us if you are still in touch. Just curious.

I was having flicker issue so installed the 21.1.1 and 21.2.2 and the issue was resolved. 21.2.2 is pretty stable. no dips or any issue on frame rates.
I was on the latest drivers before selling it, tried both beta/stable. After 1.2 years of dealing with it this mining craze gave me an opportunity to get rid of it so I took it. I didn't overcharge though, sold it for 29500rs when I got offers for a lot more.

Did the person whom you sold it to have that problem? Update us if you are still in touch. Just curious.
He is gonna use it for cafe that he is setting up so flickering wont be an issue as it only happens with youtube. I haven't tried watch dogs again after that with the latest drivers will ask him if he can check.

I always perform the clean drivers setup via amd driver cleaner utility which helps me with alot of issues resolved if updated directly via software. This is annoying but it works pretty well in my case. takes less than 10 mins for whole process, so not a big deal.

I was on the latest drivers before selling it, tried both beta/stable. After 1.2 years of dealing with it this mining craze gave me an opportunity to get rid of it so I took it. I didn't overcharge though, sold it for 29500rs when I got offers for a lot more.
I've heard of multiple flicker issues on 5700 XT. Even I experienced some when I had a loaner 5700 XT from office. However I see no such issues with the new 6800. Looks like AMD never bothered fixing issues on RDNA and concentrated all their efforts into making good drivers for RDNA2. I have absolute zero issues with the 6800 card.

I've heard of multiple flicker issues on 5700 XT. Even I experienced some when I had a loaner 5700 XT from office. However I see no such issues with the new 6800. Looks like AMD never bothered fixing issues on RDNA and concentrated all their efforts into making good drivers for RDNA2. I have absolute zero issues with the 6800 card.
I was having flickering issue with 20 series drivers but 21 onwards the issue was resolved.

If that's the case, more reason to not support their new releases. You should know how annoying it was to use. Every new drivers I was hoping it'd be solved but it never did. The card was great though. Not much complaints when it comes to performance but these little things do get annoying over time.

OT: Anyone got a spare RX570/RX580 which they want to sell off? I'm about to buy some non-IGP components and don't have a GPU to test it on. Please not mining cards. Also please keep the price reasonable.
Thinking I should make do with such GPU before the situation improves. I will then look for better alternatives. Thanks.

OT: Anyone got a spare RX570/RX580 which they want to sell off? I'm about to buy some non-IGP components and don't have a GPU to test it on. Please not mining cards. Also please keep the price reasonable.
Thinking I should make do with such GPU before the situation improves. I will then look for better alternatives. Thanks.
use wtb section

6700XT is launching on 3rd march but I doubt it will be available at normal price for at least 3-4 months.
I doubt it will ever be priced normally in India. Remember 5700 & 5700XT, they were supposed to undercut 2060S & 2070 respectively by $50 but I think that never happened in our market. So, I really wouldn't count on that.

I doubt it will ever be priced normally in India. Remember 5700 & 5700XT, they were supposed to undercut 2060S & 2070 respectively by $50 but I think that never happened in our market. So, I really wouldn't count on that.
Yeah I complete forgot about AMDs GPU prices in India, the 5500 series was especially bad with prices closer to 1660 super.

6700XT is launching on 3rd march but I doubt it will be available at normal price for at least 3-4 months.
For all purposes it will be a paper launch. However miners aren't too happy with amd cards this generation. Looks like they aren't efficient enough for mining.

Back