AMD Athlon II X3 445 Unlock X4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I got a new AMD Athlon II X3 445 & is around 1 week old & opened just to test.

I asked my brother to get me a CPU when he was in B'lore but he refused & when i got my self another CPU, he gave me a surprise that he got me this CPU & i surprised him back that i got another one X3 435 before him, so it went more like a shock than surprise for both of us.

The CPU can be unlocked to X4 & for that i m posting some pics below. I didn't used it more than 15 mins. as i just want to test it if it can be unlocked or not & found out it does.

CPU comes with a 3 years AMD warranty & i m selling it for 3200 shipped. So whoever is interested can drop a PM.

Lowballers will be shot like Bin Laden(in the head) so don't bother doing that.

yfrog Photo : Shared by

i have no idea about it & if it does i might don't know how to do that & also my board is a cheap 455 which doesn't supports CPUs above 95W so unlocking might not be pure or whatever u call it. But whoever buys it can do all the experiments.

you say you have unlocked? and then again you say it can be unlocked?

amd this was an athlon so no L3 cache. (theres probably some error in the l3, which is why they are selling it as an athlon, else it would have been sold as a phenom ii x3

By saying "can be unlocked" i meant that one can unlock if he wishes to, else they can always use it as a tri-core if that suffice their needs & thanks for the L3 cache update.

Also, i 've read somewhere that some processors can't run stable with 4th unlocked core so i put it in my system & i played NFS Shift 2, Dirt 2 & Fallout - New Vegas for about 2 hours & system ran perfectly stable.

keith_j_snyder2 said:
By saying "can be unlocked" i meant that one can unlock if he wishes to, else they can always use it as a tri-core if that suffice their needs & thanks for the L3 cache update.
Also, i 've read somewhere that some processors can't run stable with 4th unlocked core so i put it in my system & i played NFS Shift 2, Dirt 2 & Fallout - New Vegas for about 2 hours & system ran perfectly stable.
two hrs is nothing. and you need proper stress testing, though its true unlocked cores dont perform well, but thats only when they are OC'ed

I don't have a good PSU so i can't overclock & i wanna leave something for the buyer as using the CPU too much will void the sanctity of the new CPU. So now the CPU isn't 15mins. used, it's 2 hours.

de.das.dude said:
two hrs is nothing. and you need proper stress testing, though its true unlocked cores dont perform well, but thats only when they are OC'ed
dude playing games like dirt2 & Fallout - New Vegas itself does justice to the stress on his cheap mobo + unlocked 4th core that too all this on a nominal psu & you are still saying about the stress????

What he did is itself more than justifiable & stressful as one can go.

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Hi all,

I got a new AMD Athlon II X3 445 & is around 1 week old & opened just to test.

I asked my brother to get me a CPU when he was in B'lore but he refused & when i got my self another CPU, he gave me a surprise that he got me this CPU & i surprised him back that i got another one X3 435 before him, so it went more like a shock than surprise for both of us.

The CPU can be unlocked to X4 & for that i m posting some pics below. I didn't used it more than 15 mins. as i just want to test it if it can be unlocked or not & found out it does.

CPU comes with a 3 years AMD warranty & i m selling it for 3200 shipped. So whoever is interested can drop a PM.

Lowballers will be shot like Bin Laden(in the head) so don't bother doing that.

doesn't unlocking void warranty?? Correct me if i'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back