PC Peripherals AMD Build...Suggestions?

SkullTrail

Disciple
Ok guys, I have to build myself a system. I'm in Delhi and I already have a 17' LCD with a max resolution of 1280x1024 and I'm not taking a new LCD.
Already have the wifi/kbd/mouse/UPS/spikestrip/etc/etc

Budget is flexible upto 50-55K for the box/cpu.
Purpose is mostly gaming with the usual general stuff thrown in.

I've thought up of a config as follows:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 rev.(should be available by now, yes?)
2x2 GB DDR3 1333 or 1066, apparently very little gain on DDR-31600 and above.
A 500GB HDD (I have a ~2 TB's externals already)

Now,
This is where things get tricky.

I would like a 790GX motherboard, that YOU guys gotta suggest form what is available in Delhi.
790GX as I'm not Xfiring.

Secondly, the GPU.
I want to stuff in a HD5850. I'm expecting calls of "Overkill for 1280x1024"
But I have not heard great things about the 5770 and I'd like the system to last around 2 years with no upgrades. I LOVE AA and AF. Played Crysis on my lappy(NV 7400Go) at 640x480 with everything off. I know the difference:eek:hyeah:
Whaddya say?

Depending on the GPU, I would need a PSU.
Think a Corsair VX550 will cut it? Can I get something cheaper, without cutting on the quality? Will 550 W be enough for the system?

Then, the cabinet.
Thought of getting a Zebronics Bijli. Then I saw some CM cabbies in the same price range. Recommend? Will they fit a 5850 or the likes?

And finally, the dealer.
People here seem to regard SMC in Nehru Place highly. I've come back to Delhi after 6 years and have no idea of which is what. If you guys think they are good could you kindly give me the address so I can go get a quotation? Or any other dealers you suggest?
If I have messed up at any place, sorry ppl. I think its my 1st post. (although me was a lurker here for ~2 years)

rather ironic that "skulltrail" needs an AMD system :bleh:

You seem to have a good idea on what you want. Go ahead with the P2 965. 4GB of 1333MHz of DDR3 would be enough for now.
Regarding the GPU, if you want the 5850, go ahead if it fits you budget and you are in no mood to save money. A VX550 will be more than enough.

DO NOT BUY a zebby cabinet. Get an HAF 922 or a storm scout.

u can fix 5850 in a zeb bijli....(only if u want to save some money)

haf 922 is a nice choice

965BE is a superb choice for gaming

i7 750 is better ..but if u choose am3 -->u can upgrade to 6 core thuban or 8 core bulldozer after some months

785G is newer to 790GX. And is cheaper too!

GET:

Phenom II X4 965BE 125W

Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO

4GB DDR3 1333Mhz

500GB HDD

Corsair VX550

Get a Full ATX Cabinet (Lian Li, Antec, Cooler Master etc)

Get an after market CPU cooler also (Noctua DH-D14 or VenomX)

And Sapphire HD5850 1GB

Above components will cost u around 55k total!

@rahulgoel: If you have a lot of money to burn, get a good monitor. If you like eyecandy, then get a full HD monitor, the 5850 will love it very much.

Just want to add one thing. If you have the money and a graphic card, never buy the BIJLI. It is good for the low end customers/modders but has pathetic options for cable management besides less room for adding HDD and graphic card.

So today I went to Nehru place, freezing in the bus on the way.
Found SMC and got the quotations. Also got some others but they are more or less similar.

Ram is G.Skill DDR3 1333 2x2GB @ 5500

HDD is a WD Black, maybe 1 TB, maybe 640. We'll see.

PSU is a Corsair VX 500 @ 5800 :S
HP dvdrw, if it matters.

HD 5850 @ 16500. I was expecting ~18K.

SMC ppl showed me the CM 310 cabby @ 1500 and I liked it.

Will a 5850 fit in a CM 310? Its a full atx, so I'm expecting it to.
I cannot go in for a bigger cabby as it won't fit in the comp table @ home and my parents are definitely not getting a new PC table.

Maybe I'll put in a cooler, but later. 1280x1024 is no big deal.

CPU+Board is still hanging b/w the i5-750 & P55 or the 965BE & 790GX.

Comments on any component?

Back