Graphic Cards AMD Catalyst & nVidia Forceware driver updates

Re: Recently released ATi Catalyst & nVidia Forceware drivers

Interesting, you get an increase of 350 points. Though you find it more stable..?

i didnt have any stability issues with 10.2 but i was using it for about a week maybe needed more time to see any issues as such.

itching to get some 10.3 semi-official action???

ATI Catalyst 10.3 Preview Driver

Download non-WHQL 10.3 (final) drivers from AMD for your Radeons... and if you're on HD5000 series... enjoy some increased performance. :)

------------------------

Just a quick run of benchies...

23% increase in Unigine benchmark (1680x1050, 2XAA, FS, 4XAF), 550 points (22FPS) from earlier 447 points (18.7FPS) on 10.2.

65% increase in Tom's 2D benchmark, 1606 points from earlier 981 points on 10.2.

Hadn't done 3Dmark earlier on 10.2 after the Win7 re-install, so can't compare the scores... but above numbers are pretty good to state that 10.3 drivers are amazing for HD5000 series.

Still.. hoping that 10.4 will bring more 2D performance to HD5000 series. My 2-gen old 3870 with 512GDDR4 beats 5770 with 1GB GDDR5 card by huge margin, 3870 scores 1779 points (Toms 2D) on 10.2. :(

iGo:

How are the 3dVantage scores. Also could you bench both your 3870 and 5770 on 3dVantage. I am shocked by what you said, that the 3870 is beating the 5770.

asingh said:
iGo:
How are the 3dVantage scores. Also could you bench both your 3870 and 5770 on 3dVantage. I am shocked by what you said, that the 3870 is beating the 5770.

what he said is for 2d performance ... unfortunately the 5 series cards are not good for 2d performance at the moment and from what i read they will improving it with 10.4 ...

@Asingh: Yep, I meant the 2D performance. Obviously not 3D. :)

That said, I'm planning to run 3Dmark Vantage this Sunday on my 5770, might as well run on 3870. I'm not sure what good that's going to do though. :p

Maybe if I feel like, I'll try removing 10.3 on 5770. Then I can check 10.2 vs. 10.3 on both cards (5770, 3870), both 2D and 3D performance difference between drivers. :)

guys i have some query to ask about Nvidia drivers. i.e guru3d has Forceware 197.15 but its not there in Nvidai site (for 200 series)after 197.13 its 197.25 . Why so?:S and Nvidia driver at guru3d i.e 197.25 and 197.13 has more size for download as compare to nvidia's. on guru3d its 142mb and on nvidia site its 117mb why so??:S and ya what you guys prefer about downloading driver from guru3d or directly from nvidia site.

The official Radeon --- 10.3s, are on ATI site now. Also the ATI CrossFireX Application Profiles is available.

Link.

Also Unigine Heaven has been updated to version 2. All HD5xxx users can run extreme tessellation, and bring their cards to the knees. Here is the link.

^^

A lot of BETAs are released, which are just as good. And guru3d puts them up. nVidia, would most likely only put the official WHQL signed builds on their official site. So if you want the latest in drivers -- guru3D is it.

asingh said:
^^

A lot of BETAs are released, which are just as good. And guru3d puts them up. nVidia, would most likely only put the official WHQL signed builds on their official site. So if you want the latest in drivers -- guru3D is it.

Ok thanks for replying to my query's. but what about that size issue, now again 197.13 is having 117MB on Nvidia US language and on UK its 143MB. what this mean?

Guyz, I am using HD 5850 with my i7 920 (non-OC'd), check my sig for more details. I ran 3d Mark 2006 and got 19000 score, not OC'd anything. I think is either OS issue or else driver issue. As it should cross 22000 right.

I didn't format my OS when changed the hardware to i7 920 rig. Earlier I was using E6750 + Intel DP45SG non-oc'd. What might be the problem? Driver or OS?

I think it might be OS.

shahbaaz_vision said:
Guyz, I am using HD 5850 with my i7 920 (non-OC'd), check my sig for more details. I ran 3d Mark 2006 and got 19000 score, not OC'd anything. I think is either OS issue or else driver issue. As it should cross 22000 right.

I didn't format my OS when changed the hardware to i7 920 rig. Earlier I was using E6750 + Intel DP45SG non-oc'd. What might be the problem? Driver or OS?

I think it might be OS.

It might be OS issue but what CCC driver version and OS you are using? and try removing all the CCC driver using driver sweeper or un-install them from device manager in safe-mode, once my bro had this issue it was because of CCC driver.

@asingh please see my last post i.e 99th about that size query

shahbaaz_vision:

Some questions;

1. Did you remove all the drivers for E6750 + Intel DP45SG.
2. Did you install the latest drivers from the MSI website for the X58.
3. Is the BIOS flashed to latest. (If not --- let me know, will guide you to a better flashing tool).
4. Are you on CCC drivers 10.3 (from the ATI site).
5. You used any system clean up tools (Registry Cleaners, CCleaner, Driver Pro Cleaner)

Some pointers. Bench your card on 3DVantage. 3DMark is too old now, and is more CPU dependent.

^^ I don't understand the point of OpenGL 4.0, a driver for it... any software or game utilizing it already????

I think when the driver is ready, they'll be integraded to Catalyst, like 10.4 or maybe 10.5

neojjjk said:

That driver set has the OpenGL update as well as the 3D drivers, which are no different to the 10.3s.

comp@ddict said:
^^ I don't understand the point of OpenGL 4.0, a driver for it... any software or game utilizing it already????

I think when the driver is ready, they'll be integraded to Catalyst, like 10.4 or maybe 10.5

It is just technology which ATI is promoting. There is use out there for it. It is a direct competitor to M$'s DirectX. Here, is a link to games on this platform (though most are old). And here you can read more on the technology. Quite interesting.

----------------------

By the way, the 10.3a's are newer than the 10.3 official drivers.

10.3 DriverVer=03/02/2010, 8.712.0.0000

10.3a DriverVer=03/13/2010, 8.712.3.0000

If any one wants to give the 10.3a's a go, they can try them here. Most reviews I read, the 10.3a's are better...!

Guys, just curious but how do you uninstall the previous catalyst driver and install a new one?

I downloaded 10.3 and accessed Programs from Control Panel to remove ATI but to my dismay I only found the 20MB odd Catalyst Manager there. Any pointers to completely remove and install a new driver please? :huh:

What I used to follow by far was to select Uninstall option from the Catalyst install Manager when we install a newer driver and remove the older one, restart and then install the newer driver. Is the usage of driver sweeper recommended?

Back