FS: Motherboard AMD Dual core, ASUS mobo, ZION RAM combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

arup

Disciple
  • Product Name:ASUS M2N68AM-SE2, Athlon 64 X2 4600+ , zion 1gb ddr2
  • Expected Price: Rs 3000 for MOBO+CPU+RAM. CPU=1300, MOBO=1200 RAM=600. But in case of break sale, RAM can be sold only after CPU+MOBO.
  • Shipping charges: As applicable will be split 50/50
  • Manufacturer page URL:
    http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M2N68AM_SE2/
    http://products.amd.com/en-ca/Deskt...2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=
  • Description if any: Signs of aging can be seen in the pictures. Items: MoBo, I/O shield, CPU, Original HSF, RAM. I'll download drivers for Required OS (XP or 7) for the buyer and burn to CD if buyer asks. Technically there is 1month warranty but let me hunt for the invoice :p .
  • Reason for Sale: need some cash
  • Product condition: 6 out of 10
  • Purchase Date: 15,April,2010 (Bengali new year day)
  • Remaining Warranty period: No
  • Warranty available in: India
  • Invoice Available: No
  • Shipping from: Balurghat,WB
  • Shipping to: All over India,
  • Preferred courier: DTDC
  • Payment options: Bank transfer or cash
cpuz.jpg000_0009.JPG000_0008.JPG

Uthale re Baba Utha le
Arey merrr ko nai re Baba in Teeno RAM,CPU,MOBO ko Uthale.
Kuch paisa deke koi to uthale. :p

why so many scratches on the processor?
also....can you provide some more Higher resolution & clearer photos of the motherboard & the processor (both sides)...since you yourself say "condition is 6/10" ?

Also what purpose was this system used? ....in trade/business/work or in personal use (long duration gaming & 24x7 non-stop download machine)

btw,...i think u should consider lowering the prices!

Partial payment received as advance from GPIMORE. shipment will be done tomorrow.

Sent by DTDC priority services. Tracking no SMSed to buyer.

Keeping thread open for feedbacks and remaining partial payment.

Received package today. All items received in safe condition. Will test the rig tomorrow and update the thread.

I tried to test the system and it freezes now and then. The CPU temperature was well within acceptable limits. I think if the CPU crashed, then a BSOD should have appeared. The RAM appears to be faulty because when the system freezes, graphics corruption takes place. @Arup, will you please look into this issue and provide me with the solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested the RAM in another slot and it is working OK at the moment. 1st RAM slot seems to be faulty. Although I am happy with the trade, there are some issues to be worked out for Arup.

1. CPU has huge scratch marks on the top. This leads to uneven surface and less contact with the heat sink. Result is unneccesary overheating. I am wondering what he did to scratch the CPU so much.
2. One of the RAM slot is not working. He did not mention about it.
3. He sent me the drivers CD and it contained drivers folder from the Windows directory :confused:. There is no drivers setup installer of any device on the CD. Some files are obviously missing from it and because of this I could not get the onboard LAN to work. I am going through hell downloading all the installer files from a secondary system :banghead:.

^ still good for you,...you are happy with the trade !:angelic:

For that price, I think I would not have got a better config than this. It serves the purpose for me and that is all that matters I guess. But I think Arup could have done a much better job. Now I feel the rig is unworthy of 3000 bucks because of what he has done.[DOUBLEPOST=1367053715][/DOUBLEPOST]System has major issues. It freezes endlessly and after reset/ fullpowerdown sometimes fails to boot even to the BIOS. All the fans keep spinning but there is no activity on the monitor.

UPDATE:
I worked out with @GPMlore for possible solution. First the RAM was suspected to be faulty for which I offered him a 2GB one in place of the 1GB one at no cost, but later after further diagnostics, it appeared that RAM was fine and motherboard BIOS had checksum problems. Just before sending to him, I updated bios to latest version and we came to the point that the updating caused bios to be problematic. He tried to downgrade BIOS but couldn't do so in this weekend after several tries. Finally I've refunded him the motherboard amount today which he asked.

Arup could have done a much better job. Now I feel the rig is unworthy of 3000 bucks because of what he has done.
I did not intentionally sold you a defective rig, it was my mistake to update BIOS w/out any need. I'm sorry if it wasn't a smooth deal for you................:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back