AMD RMA Sucks

HackerX

Disciple
Recently my PC stopped working.
I went to purchase shop.
They checked and found my AMD 3000G faulty.
They told me to contact AMD.
No Service Centre in Kolkata.
After lots of drama AMD asking me ship the APU which is a PITA and expensive.

I went to purchase shop.
What drama did AMD made.....haven't seen any such thing from them....just follow the rma steps as per website and then send the processor.....but do check one thing with the service center where you are sending, if cooler needs to be send along with it or not as AMD site says not required but service center says required and one gets the processor at home afterwards.
As @rsaeon said it shouldn't cost much to send it but do pack it properly.

Your first line itself justifies you have to ship it. But a city like Kolkata should have AMD sc.

Try this

1703076867204.png

Or this

Tel: +91-80-67030050
Professional Graphics 24/7 support: 000-800-919-0272
(English 24/7)

Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00 IST

Your first line itself justifies you have to ship it. But a city like Kolkata should have AMD sc.

Try this

View attachment 185855

Or this

Tel: +91-80-67030050
Professional Graphics 24/7 support: 000-800-919-0272
(English 24/7)

Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00 IST
I will try this physical address first.
If they didn't help me I will have no choice but to ship to the address they asked.
AMD yet to send full address.
Inspirisys Solutions Limited is the place.

Last edited:
I went to purchase shop.
You went to purchase shop, they did not give you correct information. Amd has online rma, you submit rma request, they reply back with rma number etc and you need to hand over the processor or ship it to inspirisys.

FYI
INSPIRISYS SOLUTIONS LTD No 19, 1st Floor R. N. Mukherjee Road Opposite to Paribahan bhavan Kolkata – 700001 Ms. RIYA SHADUKHAL / Mr. AMIT 033-40033760, 9836646068/8348878312

Can you give details of the said "drama"?

Why is shipping PITA? Even if service center exists, it won't be in your neighborhood. Whereas a courier shop can always be found in the neighborhood. You can even book home pickup via Delhivery.

Would you rather spend 50-60 rupees in commute and 3-4 hours in traffic + queue or spend 100-120 on courier and 15-20 minutes on packing + courier? Most working professionals would pick option 2.

I recently got my RAM RMAed. Service center was there in Mumbai, but it was 25 km away. I had to travel by local train. Thankfully I had to go that side for work anyway on a couple days 2 weeks apart, so I clubbed the trip with that. But it was still a hassle as my working hours and Kaizen's working hours were same.

You went to purchase shop, they did not give you correct information. Amd has online rma, you submit rma request, they reply back with rma number etc and you need to hand over the processor or ship it to inspirisys.

FYI
INSPIRISYS SOLUTIONS LTD No 19, 1st Floor R. N. Mukherjee Road Opposite to Paribahan bhavan Kolkata – 700001 Ms. RIYA SHADUKHAL / Mr. AMIT 033-40033760, 9836646068/8348878312
AMD already gave me RMA no.
Now they will send me adress to ship my APU.
It was an automated mail.
I
Can you give details of the said "drama"?

Why is shipping PITA? Even if service center exists, it won't be in your neighborhood. Whereas a courier shop can always be found in the neighborhood. You can even book home pickup via Delhivery.

Would you rather spend 50-60 rupees in commute and 3-4 hours in traffic + queue or spend 100-120 on courier and 15-20 minutes on packing + courier? Most working professionals would pick option 2.

I recently got my RAM RMAed. Service center was there in Mumbai, but it was 25 km away. I had to travel by local train. Thankfully I had to go that side for work anyway on a couple days 2 weeks apart, so I clubbed the trip with that. But it was still a hassle as my working hours and Kaizen's working hours were same.
I prefer to going physical place than sending via courier.

I prefer to going physical place than sending via courier.
So based on the responses here, you would have noticed that many people consider having to travel to the service center as PITA.

I can understand that having a service center nearby might speed up things. And I would actually like it if companies could give both options. But having the possibility of shipping is absolutely necessary for many people, especially those not living in large cities.

So, you were the one creating drama, not AMD!
Why should I waste my money with so much risk. It's no brainer for me.
So based on the responses here, you would have noticed that many people consider having to travel to the service center as PITA.

I can understand that having a service center nearby might speed up things. And I would actually like it if companies could give both options. But having the possibility of shipping is absolutely necessary for many people, especially those not living in large cities.
I'm not the common people.
I prefer things which is easy and smooth for me.
Thank you for understanding the situation.
And still no response from AMD too.

I understand your feelings as an AMD fan.
Fan or heatsink doesn't matter here.

Did you managed to contact on the info. I mentioned and you were also gonna visit the physical address, did you?

And even if RMA got generated, shipping is not a mandate if you actually have a service center locally. Thats how I usually proceed for WD and Seagate. Generate rma online and submit the drive wherever you want.

Last edited:
He was referring to the other "fan" -
fan
/fan/
noun
noun: fan; plural noun: fans
a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing.
"football fans"
You didn't got the pun.. I know what he was referring to.. It was pun intended. He should better concentrate on his rma than calling other fans and heatsinks..:tearsofjoy:

Back