AMD RMA Sucks

I think even I prefer physically visiting the service center... assuming they'll just outright exchange items on the spot and help resolve the issue. Been very accustomed to how Rashi/Logitech/Asus handled their RMA before. Not sure if that has changed recently though.

I think even I prefer physically visiting the service center... assuming they'll just outright exchange items on the spot and help resolve the issue. Been very accustomed to how Rashi/Logitech/Asus handled their RMA before. Not sure if that has changed recently though.
There is no way in hell any brand is gonna exchange an item on the spot. And the most important point is , If a brand doesn't honor/handle RMAs via post well enough, their in store RMA is gonna be even worse. It's no longer a matter of preference, more of an organization's after sales service.

There is no way in hell any brand is gonna exchange an item on the spot. And the most important point is , If a brand doesn't honor/handle RMAs via post well enough, their in store RMA is gonna be even worse. It's no longer a matter of preference, more of an organization's after sales service.
Just until 2019, I got a gpu, hdds and pen drives replaced on the spot.

Just until 2019, I got a gpu, hdds and pen drives replaced on the spot.
HDDs and SSDs - I have had similar experiences as well. GPU and motherboards have taken a week max. CPU - never had to do it, but friend got it in a week total TAT after arranging pickup from his place (AMD).

Which brands did spot replacements at the RMA center? It would be useful to know. @dvader @napstersquest @nRiTeCh

Crucial's 'no questions asked' RMA takes a week or two to get a replacement. The parent company needs to receive the original hardware in order to authorize a replacement. The RMA centers I've visited in person have been basically forwarding centers. There's no testing done, just packing and forwarding to Taiwan.

This was for Seagate and Crucial personally, but I saw someone with an Intel NUC in one of my visits who also had to wait, and someone else with Corsair memory. Another member here mentioned MSI took a while for a GPU replacement as well.

Last edited:
Which brands did spot replacements at the RMA center? It would be useful to know. @dvader @napstersquest
WD SN570 500GB - on spot sealed unit from WD
Seagate Ironwolf 4TB - on spot certified refurbished unit from Seagate
Cooler Master V850SFX - on spot sealed unit V2 from CM, had mailed and called them a week earlier for on-spot replacement as I couldn't have the downtime in my Work PC.
All in Pune.

Corsair ram gets on the spot replacement if you have GTIN bill .10 years ago Gigabyte used to do on spot replacement of their mobos i got x58-ud5 replaced got a rev 2.0 in replacement

Back