CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

http://wccftech.com/amd-pinnacle-ri...ively-am4-picasso-apu-succeeding-raven-ridge/

AMD CPUs roadmap leaked.

If AMD manages to increase IPC performance of Pinnacle Ridge CPUs by even 10-15%, it would be a great upgrade for current Ryzen owners. Plus that would lead to Minimal IPC difference between Pinnacle Ridge and Coffelake CPUs, by the way, in the leaked benchmarks of Coffeelake CPUs, in one slide i saw that when both i7 7700k and 8700k were clocked at 4.5GHz, there was literally no difference in single threaded performance. So now AMD has a chance to play the catchup game as Intel is sleeping :p.

Should i say that Intel just slapped 2 more cores on the same kabylake die and started calling them Coffelake CPUs just the way they took a cheap shot at AMD and said Threadripper processors are 2 Ryzen processors just glued together? :p

P.S : Picasso, such a cool code name AMD is using :)

Last edited:
AMD should destroy Intel - with love - and names like Picasso. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1506469655][/DOUBLEPOST]Wooo, look what showed up... (for the ASUS Prime B350-Plus board)... will be trying this out soon.

ASUS_BIOS_New_AGESA_1006b.png

Last edited:
http://wccftech.com/amd-pinnacle-ri...ively-am4-picasso-apu-succeeding-raven-ridge/

AMD CPUs roadmap leaked.

If AMD manages to increase IPC performance of Pinnacle Ridge CPUs by even 10-15%, it would be a great upgrade for current Ryzen owners. Plus that would lead to Minimal IPC difference between Pinnacle Ridge and Coffelake CPUs, by the way, in the leaked benchmarks of Coffeelake CPUs, in one slide i saw that when both i7 7700k and 8700k were clocked at 4.5GHz, there was literally no difference in single threaded performance. So now AMD has a chance to play the catchup game as Intel is sleeping :p.

Should i say that Intel just slapped 2 more cores on the same kabylake die and started calling them Coffelake CPUs just the way they took a cheap shot at AMD and said Threadripper processors are 2 Ryzen processors just glued together? :p

P.S : Picasso, such a cool code name AMD is using :)
WEll they said Ryzen was the worse case scenario, and the way intel's scrambling, it seems lots more to come. I just hope it comes sooner than later.

One theory is that there are so many 1600 (x) selling that at some point AMD and partners could not keep up. So, in order to meet that high demand, they just renamed the 1800 (x) as 1600 (x) and sold them. There are 2 evidences:

1) All of these CPUs were made in Malaysia in 36th week of 2017
2) All CPUs are tested at the factory. Its unlikely that some of these CPUs would "escape" the process and thus it points toward a deliberate attempt

Or, it could be a firmware issue with some motherboards with some BIOS versions.

Of all the issues that I am having with my ryzen 5 1600, this just could not happen to me. :p

AMD Ryzen CPUs prices are falling especially the X moniker CPUs. I just checked Amazon US website, 1600X is cheaper than 1600 plus there is just $6 difference between the price of 1700 and 1700X.

According to an article, this is happening coz the non-X CPUs are more popular than the X-rated CPUs as they come with a cooler OOTB and overclock the same plus coz of the Coffeelake CPUs.

@vishalrao something weird happened the cpu oced without issue to 3.7, when I set it to 3.8 in the bios all the readings showed 3.8, but in windows cpu Z showed 1.5ghz and the benchmarks also halved, when I set it to 37, it works fine. Any idea what's going on?

I can't say (dont know) - maybe the CPU limit is 3.7 ? (lost the silicon lottery as they say?) it could be downclocking itself.

I need a build for CPU intensive purposes without any GPU heavy tasks. Should I go for a Ryzen 5 1400 (10k) + GTX 710 (2.2K) or should I go the intel way?
That would depend on the applications that you use. If they are heavily threaded and dont depend much on single core performance, then Ryzen will be the way to go. If they do depend on single core performance, then Intel is still the way to go. However, there is no straight answer to this question without knowing what exactly the system is going to be used for. I mean, for some apps that depend on single core performance, overclocking a R5 1400 on stock cooler may be enough. Or, it may not. Could you please start a new thread for this to get more accurate answers? Also, give more details like app name and a link to its home page etc. :)

Back