AMD's Ryzen 5000 series gets price cut in wake of Alder Lake launch

Any idea how the supply chain operates in India?

It seems to me that AMD/nVidia are fully dependent on the importers and don't have as much control over the retail pricing in India compared to Intel.

Should I upgrade to 5600 from 3600 now? I don't plan to switch to full system overhaul for first gen 7000 series so will do that in couple of years, it would be a good upgrade then also don't want to use 3600 for 2 more years.
I did a 3800x to 5900x upgrade given the high entry prices for AM5 platform. you won't go wrong with it and can sustain for another 2 years after which you can do a platform upgrade

Should I upgrade to 5600 from 3600 now? I don't plan to switch to full system overhaul for first gen 7000 series so will do that in couple of years, it would be a good upgrade then also don't want to use 3600 for 2 more years.
Depends upon what you are doing with this system. If gaming, which GPU are you using, what resolutions you are playing on/planning to play on. Don't go by the performance numbers on review websites as those are usually using a very high end GPU at 1080p which is very unrealistic in real world.

However, if you can get one with a difference of just 3k as suggested above then it totally makes sense.

I would love to play games but due to busy job schedule its almost impossible, also during weekends I am just too tired. Though an upgraded system will surely help in my job, I am in Lead Generation industry so have to use several browsers with multiple tabs opened also running scraper softwares in background. Currently I have 1060 3gb (but planning to buy 3070 soon) with 43' 4k TV as monitor (Big screen helps working on spreadsheets)

I have 1060 3gb (but planning to buy 3070 soon) with 43' 4k TV as monitor (Big screen helps working on spreadsheets)
Well in that case you might not feel much benefit in upgrading to a 5600 as you'll most likely always be GPU bottlenecked & won't be playing at high framerates anyway. I would still recommend going with the upgrade if you can get it for 3k + 3600 selling price.

Well in that case you might not feel much benefit in upgrading to a 5600 as you'll most likely always be GPU bottlenecked & won't be playing at high framerates anyway. I would still recommend going with the upgrade if you can get it for 3k + 3600 selling price.
I'll go for it, recently got a DNC list of 2.5M records so had to split those and create 3 excel sheets for duplicates check with new leads. with vlookup formulas running in background excel become unresponsive so I guess more compute power will help here.

Is it wise to buy new 5600x for 17k and sell my existing 3600 for around 9k?
No, you already have a zen2 chip. zen2 -> zen3 isn't a huge deal especially when you're not increasing core count. Since AM4 is dead better plan an upgrade path which is meaningful and not a sidegrade like 5800X or above.
5xxx g series wont work on b450
Who said that?
All AM4 CPUs are compatible with B450 chipset.
In fact, B450/X470 is the only chipset which can support all generation of AM4 CPUs.
The above statement recently is applicable to some B350/X370 boards as well with recent BIOS updates.

1667712932237.png

1667712720740.png

Last edited:
No, you already have a zen2 chip. zen2 -> zen3 isn't a huge deal especially when you're not increasing core count. Since AM4 is dead better plan an upgrade path which is meaningful and not a sidegrade like 5800X or above.
Spending around 8k for the performance gane between 3600 to 5600 was a question for me so asked as my initial plan was to skip 7000 series and buy 8 series after 1~1.5yrs that will require all major components upgrade (motherboard+processor+RAM). I'll try to find second hand 5600x in 12~13k range then it will be a reasonable upgrade.
P.S. I have Gigabyte 550M DS3H motherboard so should be compatible even if I go with an APU like 5700g, will 5700g match 5600x performance?

Currently for gaming 5800x3D is the best future proofing you can do, if its out of your budget then just stick with what you got. upgrade next year when ddr5 ram and motherboard would be affordable and ofcourse new mid tier GPU would be out by then. save the money for now :)

If AMD compares the price drop that 5800x3D got in US, it will be a great "Gaming CPU" under 32k or 33k.

Is it a good idea to replace my 3900X with a 5800X3D and my 3200 MHz CL14 8x2 GB kit with a CL16-19-19-39 16x2 GB kit?
Usage is mostly gaming.

I am planning to stick to AM4 for quite some time and it seems that DDR4 memory will soon go extinct.

Back