An Ode to the Nice Guys

^You must have seen "Finding Nemo", well nemo is the one who is lost. Can't even think of going behind any other fishes. The Ocean maybe huge and deep but its hard to just let go of someone you so deeply care about.

well that analogy wont totally fit in first case since its his kid , oh well you kids live in your fantasy world and see how it goes :D,

Bluffmaster said:
Been there done that. I can also be a real jerk if I want to but everytime I see that smile and hear that cute voice I can't help but loose my "bad boy" demeanor. It hurts, yes, especially when you are so madly in love with that person but all she could do is go yap..yap..yap..yap about her boyfriend. You want to be indifferent to her, even rude at times, why? Because you are tired of hearing about that jerk and his antics, because the mental agony you suffer from it exceeds any physical pain that you may have endured in your life. You are tired of being just a friend, you want something more from her to the extent that you start devising plans to ruin her relationship. But then you hear that angel voice in your head, "Why would you wanna do that to the love of your life, is this really how you want to win her heart?". Now you feel disgusted with yourself to even have thought about such a plan. Love is all about sacrifice they say and sacrifices you have made. You can't take it anymore, you want to end it all, but then you remind yourself, "Hey atleast, I am lucky enough to be with the person that I love". Yes, you want to hold her hands in public, you want to shut her up and just kiss her when she is acting all cute, you want her to hug and kiss you when you are feeling down, you want to sleep with her and wake up with her and pamper her by making her breakfast and you want to be recognized as the man in her life. But hey, remember when you read that love is all about sacrifices, well these are just the sacrifices you have to make to be with her. Its not exactly what you want, but its atleast better than nothing.

Incurable romantic, eh? ;)

Its pretty obvious from the article that the author has never been asked out let alone been laid :rofl:

sid_donnydarko said:
Incurable romantic, eh? ;)

Its pretty obvious from the article that the author has never been asked out let alone been laid :rofl:

Romantic, yes. But I do hope to find a cure someday.

I assume that second comment was not directed at me.

I found this quote on the internet, quite true in my case :p :

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

Woah! This thread is going great :eek:hyeah:

Nice post Bluffy btw, agree with you though have not experienced it myself. From the article, I guess I am 'bad' guy then :eek:hyeah:

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

Thats a stinker, there should be a rule regarding such phrases :p

Bluffmaster said:
Been there done that. I can also be a real jerk if I want to but everytime I see that smile and hear that cute voice I can't help but loose my "bad boy" demeanor. It hurts, yes, especially when you are so madly in love with that person but all she could do is go yap..yap..yap..yap about her boyfriend. You want to be indifferent to her, even rude at times, why? Because you are tired of hearing about that jerk and his antics, because the mental agony you suffer from it exceeds any physical pain that you may have endured in your life. You are tired of being just a friend, you want something more from her to the extent that you start devising plans to ruin her relationship. But then you hear that angel voice in your head, "Why would you wanna do that to the love of your life, is this really how you want to win her heart?". Now you feel disgusted with yourself to even have thought about such a plan. Love is all about sacrifice they say and sacrifices you have made. You can't take it anymore, you want to end it all, but then you remind yourself, "Hey atleast, I am lucky enough to be with the person that I love". Yes, you want to hold her hands in public, you want to shut her up and just kiss her when she is acting all cute, you want her to hug and kiss you when you are feeling down, you want to sleep with her and wake up with her and pamper her by making her breakfast and you want to be recognized as the man in her life. But hey, remember when you read that love is all about sacrifices, well these are just the sacrifices you have to make to be with her. Its not exactly what you want, but its atleast better than nothing.

A great man once said, "Its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all". Its true in your case, and you better be thankful about it.

I like it and really like the OP in the thread as well. :eek:hyeah:

Anyways coming to the topic ..I dunno if I am a nice guy ..:ashamed: I guess I am somewhere in between a nice guy and a bad boy :tongue: :rofl:

^ damn ! The moment I saw your name in the active users viewing the thread I knew this was coming :rofl:.

Back