And now its Amazon India, scamming customers

I ordered an sd card on 5th October with 'same day delivery'. It's not yet dispatched.
I ordered same card on 10th October with 'same day delivery'. It's not yet dispatched.
I ordered card again on 15th October with 'same day delivery'. It's not yet dispatched.

Same-day delivery? wow, I don't think I've ever had that.

I ordered some things on Friday which were dispatched that day and expect them on Monday and some others a week from now or when the seller ships.

Not been on amazon for a few months. Can't say anything's changed in terms of service. Same old.

The interface seemed a little different with the cards

One of the item (CCTV camera) I ordered has not been delivered but Amazon has marked it as delivered. Further contacting their CC they have asked me to wait for couple of days to check if the delivery happens. I am not sure why I need to wait for couple of days for an order that has not been delivered. What if the item never gets delivered? Should I wait or escalate the matter?

One of the item (CCTV camera) I ordered has not been delivered but Amazon has marked it as delivered. Further contacting their CC they have asked me to wait for couple of days to check if the delivery happens. I am not sure why I need to wait for couple of days for an order that has not been delivered. What if the item never gets delivered? Should I wait or escalate the matter?
It happened with me too. I got the usual responses from the customer care that wait for 3 days then wait for 5 days for internal investigation. They just gave textbook responses and even ended the chat abruptly. Only way to handle this is to keep messaging them everyday if they didn't give you any deadline. If they gave you a date then still message them 2-3 times to talk to different cc guys to confirm that the deadline is true. After the deadline is over msge them again. One day some cc guy will end up giving you a refund. One guy received a brick in place of iPad pro and he had to message the cc again and again but finally got the refund.

One of the item (CCTV camera) I ordered has not been delivered but Amazon has marked it as delivered. Further contacting their CC they have asked me to wait for couple of days to check if the delivery happens. I am not sure why I need to wait for couple of days for an order that has not been delivered.
This has happened to me a few times. If you report it they will send it the next day. Part of Amazon's delivery has been outsourced so this is why it happens. I forget what the scheme is called.

Delivery is attempted three times usually before it goes back.
What if the item never gets delivered? Should I wait or escalate the matter?
Ask for a refund. But I'd inform amazon about an item marked as delivered that you did not receive.

This has happened to me a few times. If you report it they will send it the next day. Part of Amazon's delivery has been outsourced so this is why it happens. I forget what the scheme is called.

Delivery is attempted three times usually before it goes back.

Ask for a refund. But I'd inform amazon about an item marked as delivered that you did not receive.
The product was marked delivered and Amazon just sent you a new product without any hassle ?

The product was marked delivered and Amazon just sent you a new product without any hassle ?
No, it was delivered the next day. The delivery person told me his assistant screwed up as in didn't deliver but marked it as delivered.

You must tell Amazon if it happens ASAP

A couple of times it was delivered to the wrong address. Once amazon was contacted another delivery guy retrieved the package and brought it back to me.

It's less stressful if its pay on delivery as then its up to them to either find the package or get another sent out.

When I called up Amazon CC they told that this might have happened due to wrong scanning. I don't know whatever that means. They did confirm that if I don't get it by Saturday they will issue a refund.

When I called up Amazon CC they told that this might have happened due to wrong scanning. I don't know whatever that means. They did confirm that if I don't get it by Saturday they will issue a refund.
Most of the time I just want the product. I always insist on that over a refund. It can take five days or more for something to reach the south from Delhi and it's a pain when this happens. Or this, just one item left business where I grab it.

With the odd exception, the bulk of deliveries are transported by surface and not air.

In my case the internal investigation started after 'Saturday' but I got refund one day before the deadline of the investigation.

This happens when delivery guy marks the item delivered without actually delivering it. They do it sometimes with an intention to deliver it the next day. Maybe they didn't get enough time to deliver all the shipments in allotted time on that day.

Mostly it's the delivery channel goofing up. Delhivery is notorious for this.
I second that
I have been a prime member since day one at Amazon and its been 11 years
My experience has been that amazon is utterly professional...
Its those cheap courier guys not really the courier companies who are the real culprits.
Committing frauds like opening packages, replacing items, not delivering in time, showing delivered, not delivering at all, are all done by these courier individuals or employees...

I would still root for Amazon, they are really Utterly professional as long as the buyer is not trying to trick them....

I would advise all to make a video of the delivery and unboxing at the same time, just like how we do for our stuff that we buy via TE or other forums.

Had ordered this few days back.
Instead of the 375 ml pack got the 290 ml one.
CC Said it's the bottle volume taken into account!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022-013143271.jpg
    Screenshot_20221022-013143271.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 73
Had ordered this few days back.
Instead of the 375 ml pack got the 290 ml one.
CC Said it's the bottle volume taken into account!!
Are you sure its 375ml. On their Site it mentions 290ml.
On Amazon India Site it mentions as 290ml on item name display, but below in options it says 375ml (Pack of 1). This is incorrect product info on their site.
This is however clarified in Product Information where it is clearly mentioned Net Quantity : 290 millilitre

This is clearly incorrect Info mentioned on Amazon India site. This is non-returnable item too. Their own site sells for less with additional payment discounts.

Back