and that was the end of my sony earphones.

so my sony earphones died. the other day i was enjoying music on my 5800 and walking towards the train station. im sure this incident would sound so un-realistic but this is what happened :O

to start with , these were the earphones i used.
315v2shzqhl.jpg

as mentioned above was walking towards the train station and there was this car parked a few meters away. The phone was in my pants left pocket. So I approach the parked car and as i proceed to walk past it , the dangling wire gets 'stuck' and snaps internally instantly. The moment the music stopped playing I knew it was the end of them :no:

Where did it get stuck ?

In between the little "play" gap of the front doors pull handle :O

These earphones aint available at alfa when I last visited there and hence my only source of these earphones is from dubai. The earphones are 2 months away and am looking out for decent standby earphones.

- I do not like inear earphones
- The kind of music I lissen to consists of 75% trance and 25% of english - hindi mix pop / rock genre
- and now with the start of new seasons, TV shows on the move (House / Heroes)
- The earphones should be rugged and take the daily usuage abuse.
- Budget ~700Rs. max ~1000 buks ONLY if its really worth it.

Audio junkies please advise. Thanks in advance.

did you try in one of those electronic shops opposite alfa 1? i think i bought mine from one of those shops for around 200 bucks a few years back.

isam said:
for your old headphones RIP

go for creative ep 630.

no in-ear ones needed, just dont like them.

6pack said:
did you try in one of those electronic shops opposite alfa 1? i think i bought mine from one of those shops for around 200 bucks a few years back.

will have to check there. since alfa dint have i dint bother asking there + they are usually overpriced in those shops.

mihirpradhan204 said:
He doesn't want in-ear earbuds.. :bleh:

:) thanks for the clarification.

sato1986 said:
Panasonic HV288: Best budget earphones in my opinion.
+ Great Sound
+ Lasts long, really long (Friend using them since 5yrs :O) , though mine got stolen 1yr after date of purchase :|
+ I Found them way better than EP630 which came with my Dell lappy
+ Water-resistant
- May not be as good as earphones costing 1k+

Rs. 550 in India
Electronics,Panasonic RP-HV288 Shock Wave Headphone -

$29 in U.S. :O
Amazon.com: Water-Resistant Stereo Earbuds with Twin XBS Ports in Silver: Electronics

:O seems like a nice option. will check em out , thanks.

ragzdiablo said:
If full headphones will work..
Sennheiser HD180 is a good choice at 900 bucks..

want earphones and not headphones. already have sennheiser headphones, thanks for the option though.

oh, just want to clarify something. By great sound, i meant unsuppressed and TRUE frequency response, dont expect HUGE bass.

The big thing about Pana that made it surpass EP630 was Clarity

Ofcourse the EP630 will beat it in terms of Bass but thats about it. Anyways, asking perfection out of rs.550 would be too much. Hence i stated Best VFM. Hope my opinion is clear.

thetoxicmind said:
Is that the MDR-E818 !?
Just love the Bass on it !

Got mine from a duty-free shop, a month back.
Was using the Panasonic RP-HV152 earlier.
Decent performance.

Would definitely recommend Panny earphones :
Headphone | Digital AV | Panasonic India

yes :hap2: they were the MDR-E818 and EXACTLY like u said , the bass on these is just :O fab and it compliments the trance music i lissen to very well. I doubt if any other earphone deliverys that in that price range. I have these coming for sure but in december....now im ranting why i dint pick them up from dxb in july :mad: for 30dhs :O only.

sato1986 said:
oh, just want to clarify something. By great sound, i meant unsuppressed and TRUE frequency response, dont expect HUGE bass.
The big thing about Pana that made it surpass EP630 was Clarity
Ofcourse the EP630 will beat it in terms of Bass but thats about it. Anyways, asking perfection out of rs.550 would be too much. Hence i stated Best VFM. Hope my opinion is clear.

gotcha!

thetechmind said:
yes :hap2: they were the MDR-E818 and EXACTLY like u said , the bass on these is just :O fab and it compliments the trance music i lissen to very well. I doubt if any other earphone deliverys that in that price range. I have these coming for sure but in december....now im ranting why i dint pick them up from dxb in july :mad: for 30dhs :O only.

It all started with the earphone that shipped with Sony's Walkman.
It was designed to support a feature called MEGA BASS, after which there was no looking back ! The current models still stay true to the heritage. :hap2:

IMHO, The next best option for rich Bass is Philips, followed by Panasonic.

BTW, There is a limit of 3 smileys per post.

Well I if I was you , I would replace the wire. But I having been a user of those awesome headphones, I can say that the Sennheiser MX460's are really good and cheap. Got em recently for Rs 499 (courtesy Ebay Discounts).

I found the Bass as good as Sony, while having better clarity. Plus the wire seems sturdier than Sony's.

nitant said:
Well I if I was you , I would replace the wire. But I having been a user of those awesome headphones, I can say that the Sennheiser MX460's are really good and cheap. Got em recently for Rs 499 (courtesy Ebay Discounts).

I found the Bass as good as Sony, while having better clarity. Plus the wire seems sturdier than Sony's.

by prior experience one of the earpiece of the sennheisers always goes kaput for unknown reasons :|

Back