Android 14 Officially Launched

Where the f is built in call recording, Goo? If you can't provide a basic thing like that, just foff really.
Doesn't Google Dialer already support call recording with announcement? I guess this was added back in 202, I'm not sure. I am yet to test it though. LOS dialer has been perfect for me.
OS development has essentially become cancer: they ruin everything for the sake of "updating".
Couldn't have worded it any better... Android 15 must already be in the works as we exchange this text, lol.

Last edited:
Doesn't Google Dialer already support call recording with announcement? I guess this was added back in 202, I'm not sure. I am yet to test it though. LOS dialer has been perfect for me.

Couldn't have worded it any better... Android 15 must already be in the works as we exchange this text, lol.
Call recording is disabled in Google dialler in India by default I believe. At least I don't remember it being there.

It was easy to unlock with a Magisk module but I switched to using Basic Call Recorder as it has more options.

On non pixel phones only.
This is so weird.. That Google's own Pixel phones are nerfed in such manner.. Wasn't aware of this..
Root based call recorders are strictly no go due to the extreme inconvenience root causes to banking and similar apps
I'm not in favour of rooting either. None of my phones is rooted. It's just not worth the hassle in 2023 for most people. The dialers that ship by default with most custom ROMs work without a hitch for call recording. Yet to encounter any issues with banking or UPI apps on the custom ROMs that I have tried so far.

This is so weird.. That Google's own Pixel phones are nerfed in such manner.. Wasn't aware of this..

I'm not in favour of rooting either. None of my phones is rooted. It's just not worth the hassle in 2023 for most people. The dialers that ship by default with most custom ROMs work without a hitch for call recording. Yet to encounter any issues with banking or UPI apps on the custom ROMs that I have tried so far.
Hiding root works well on Android to the extent that it is hidden from all my work apps which work fine. Only thing you cannot restore is strong Play Store attestation which might cause banking apps to fail. But then I use my iPhone for calls and banking and Pixel for work and messing around with.

Been putting off the upgrade to 14 on my Pixel 6a for a week. Are there any serious bugs that I should be warned of before I upgrade?

Where did this come from ?

Lossless USB audio

Android 14 gains support for lossless audio formats for audiophile-level experiences over USB wired headsets. You can query a USB device for its preferred mixer attributes, register a listener for changes in preferred mixer attributes, and configure mixer attributes using a new AudioMixerAttributes class. It represents the format, such as channel mask, sample rate, and behavior of the audio mixer. The class allows for audio to be sent directly, without mixing, volume adjustment, or processing effects. We are working with our OEM partners to enable this feature in devices later this year.

Yes. I will be holding on for my phone purchase for this. My note 10 lite wont be getting 14 and with S24 and other fold phones coming up next year, it will be interesting to see implementation by phone companies and apps towards this.

Anyone else remember the Nokia 1100's torch lighting up when getting calls?
Remember somewhat....friend had it.
Where the f is built in call recording, Goo? If you can't provide a basic thing like that, just foff really.
Google dialer has it and it announces everytime it starts.....changes were made as per laws of the countries....in india also it is illegal to record audio calls without informing the other party.

Back