Android 15-18k

ritwik_garg

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 15-18k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Sony,HTC,Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5MP(with flash)

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G,Edge,Wifi,etc.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls(obviously),internet,ebooks,gaming

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Sony Xperia Sola

Is the absence of secondary camera in sola really a concern i.e. face unlock,etc. do they really work??
I like the proccy and gpu of sola also the looks are brilliant.

If you are not bothered about 3G video calls or Skype video calls then there is not much use for the front camera. So you can forget that.
Other than that the Sola is a pretty good handset at the price point.

• Decent dual core processor
  • ICS update
  • Decent camera
  • 512MB RAM
  • 8GB storage + microSDHC
  • Has a decent display but the HTC One V SLCD2 is superior to it
  • Has a decent build but the HTC One V has a better build
  • The battery life is average since it has a smallish 1320 mAh battery.

I guess you must be aware of most of these. If the short comings (all handsets have some) doesn't bother you then go ahead with your purchase of the Sola.

Ya, As DarkAngel has already mentioned, Sola is a pretty good phone. And more than that you don't have any other option in your price category. Atleast till Samsung releases Ace 2 in India..
Sola beats HTC One V (Both don't have front facing camera) in each and every category, may be except build Quality.. It looks pretty, Has nice screen, Has Powerful Processor/GPU for the price, Has Good audio capability, Has pretty nice camera, Expandable storage and more (Repeating what DarkAngel has already told)..
Since you are asking if the absence of secondary camera a concern, it wont be a concern for you.. Else you wouldn't be asking that in the first place.. :lol: Just go ahead and buy it.. You could have got it for 15.5k in Homeshop18 two days back.. :(

The only other option is if you are fine with 2GB memory for Apps and 4GB for multimedia (All photos, videos, documents etc) buy Xperia U.. It has Front facing camera, little smaller screen with better ppi, cool looking Transparent strip with LEDs which emit color according to the theme color.. You get it for 3k less than Sola..

At this price you cant get everything.. So you will have to compromise a bit with browsing (Sola has a nice Floating Touch technology to help you though) and Ebook reading.. You cant get Huge screens for this price (LG Optimus L7 comes with a pretty good screen, but its processor and GPU are so 2010)..

So if memory is not a concern, buy Xperia U.. If you want expandable storage buy Sola..

Yeah I agree that I wouldn't do much with the secondary camera. So, I'll go for sola the next month. Another question is any mobile coming next month that could beat sola??

No, 4GB wouldn't be enough for me so no xperia U.

By the way is the proccy weak to run HD games alongwith some multitasking??

Yes it can handle HD gaming. It has Mali 400 GPU (not the multicore version found in S2).

Any info on when ace 2 will be released??

i been following the mobile release schedule for quite sometime here and there is one small problem with Samsung. If a mobile is announced and it doesn't get launched here soon, most likely it won't get launched here. Galaxy Gio, Galaxy Nexus. Particularly the first mobile was annoucned with Fit, Mini/Pop & Ace but as the 3 got launched Gio was skipped and now its a discontinued piece. Don't wait for Ace2. I doubt Samsung will launch it here and even if they do, at 15 there is Ace Plus. So price it at ~18k. At that price there are already better choice. Well i maybe wrong so don't take my words ;)

Sanav3, Second your opinion. For 18k budget the Atrix 2 is the best bet out there. Normally a phone with those kinda features can only be found in 25k bracket. I jsut tried the coupons, its 18.2 and 18.7k resp. Go for it!

Sandeepsachin, No, not an impulse buy(dont have the moolah for that :) ). I was scouting the markets for a good deal on mid range android for sometime. Also its not for me, its for a friend. I am quite happy with my good ol' Galaxy S.

Back