Android App developer

I am just starting up. $2000 for a app from which I won't be earning anything, doesn't seem to be good idea. Just convert it in Rs, that's a whopping figure.

Dev won't care whether u make it free or premium, he just charges what app development thing cost. And it is ridiculous to have $2000 USD i.e. 1,00,000 INR as a min price. Recently my friends' developed an free iOS app for just 25K. I wasn't interested in app, so didn't get involved + I too don't know advanced stuff, just basics
<

@avi, I am unclear abt it As i have just started!

But What I came to know from the industry people is that Google will get a good chunk of amount ,and other Share will be given to the DEV!

If it is false, please do lemme know!

If you thought my post was sarcasm or contradicting you, then it wasn't. Sorry for that.

Actually Google [or Apple] doesn't take much of the share, as far I knew. So thought you might have found some new stuff. Apple charges 30% of the App. If free, then NO charges. For eg., if your app is of 100 Rs, then you get 70 Rs. Since Google copies Apple in everything[just for lulz], there pricing structure is also same.

However for Apple App Dev you need to pay 99USD every year & but in Google you just need to pay one time 25 USD. But Apple has strict evaluation for its apps & they can reject you.

But iOS resources are very much & Apple's Dev Portal has so much info. Google's resources are bit less compared, however it is also improving.

But no company can beat Microsoft when providing resources. Those are just GREAT.

One thing is, Apple Devs makes lots of money compared to that of Androids.

you made me laugh
<

Well, He said the right thing. I was freelancing before (graphics and web design). I took around $50-100 for a logo and around $250-$300 for banners. For a complete website (Wordpress + Premium theme + Own Layout customizations and stuff, Clients are noobs
<
) I took around $1800-2500 depending on work. This is a big amount in India but people from European Countries and United States find it affordable.

One more thing, I received around $2800 for consulting one guy (rich man from Sweeden who has 13 Harley Davidson
<
) for consulting about Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy SII and Galaxy Nexus (How to Root, install custom ROM and stuff)

Hi All,

Anyone here is an Android app developer ? Or do you have any recommendations.

Also I want to know what is the standard cost required to develop a simple (not so complex) app. I had an idea for an app but searching for someone reliable.

Mods can move this thread to the correct place, I was unsure as where to post this.

Thanks.

Well, you can PM me about your idea
<
We can think about it.. For your information. I was doing some project for one Swedish Music director (Websites and stuff), he asked me develop Android application for the same website. I asked couple of Android developers based in India (HiddenBrains etc). I got quotes like around $3000-$5000 for such application.

Back