Android at 22k?

RanjithMN

Disciple
Hey guys,

so within a budget of about 22k what Android do you suggest?

Considered Lumia,loved the W7 interface but every one has talked me out of it! :X

Now my options are ARC S(i have an offer for 23k inc.16gb card,Case,Screen guard and Car charger) and the Galaxy S.

I skipped the GS since it dint have a flash
<
yeah its very very imp. and usefull for me.and was almost settled on the ARC S-but the limited Internal Memory and RAM bothers me.Will it be an issue with loads of apps?

and then came in GALAXY S Advanced!that seems right but when will it be launched in India?and what is the expected price here?

Also any idea if the SONY P will be launched soon here?

My primary use is .Browsing.need it to be as good as possible.

Is ARC S really a good buy for 23k these days?

Thank you

That's true today, but since we're talking about 22 big ones why not be future proof.

My single-core xperia play actually looks better playing shadowgun than my friend's sII !
<

I think its a single core. Not sure what OP is gonna do to need a Dual core.

I have a SGS2 and other than Shadowgun I did not find where my phone performed better (acceptably) than other single core ones.

There could be 2 reasons.

1. Why opt for a single core when you get a dual core at 22k. Infact dual core phone perform better than single core.

2.i9001 will soon be discontinued as SGS advance is coming soon.

Right now not many apps are optimized to make use of multiple cores, but as quad core flagships are launching more and more apps will be optimized to run efficiently in multiple cores. Hence when you can get dual cores at similar prices, you should definitely go for it, unless the single core phone has a big advantage like excellent dev support.

And yes, Atrix 2 is a very good phone for the price. The specs are as good as the Indian SGS2 I9100G, running the same chip, except the I9100G has a beautiful super amoled + screen. At the same time, Atrix 2 has a qHD screen with non pentile matrix.

If Atrix 2 had good dev support or ICS coming in a month, I would have already bought it as it's the new value king, only disadvantage being the long wait for ICS. HTC Sensation on the other hand has very good dev support, ICS already rolling out, but compromise on battery life.

The phones launching in a few weeks should be significantly better, so waiting is the right option. The S4 Krait and Novathor Soc's have a lot to offer.

Galaxy R would be a good choice as its of 20-21k and u get a 1ghz duel core smartphone and good screen n all, its future proof as Samsung has announced its 4.0 ICS update probably next month.

Aha! another difference: the atrix (1) has a pentile matrix right?

Yes. Major differences are

Atrix vs Atrix 2

Tegra 2 1ghz vs Ti Omap 4430 1ghz

4" screen vs 4.3"

Pentile display vs non pentile

5MP 720p video recording vs 8MP 1080p video recording

16GB storage vs 8GB storage

1930 mAh battery vs 1785 mAh battery

fingerprint scanner vs no fingerprint scanner

I think its a single core. Not sure what OP is gonna do to need a Dual core.

That was my first thought too.Why Dual Core.Since im not a power user.hence thought of ARC S.But the thing is..back in the day.2-3 years back i was a real power user.what i did with my then phones were endless.its just that for the last few years i needed a phone just as a phone.but now im upgrading after a long,new to the world of Android and when spending arnd 23k why not get something good and future proof?esp. since i would ended up keeping this phone for pretty long. and who knows i might end up addicted to the phone after all
<

One problem with W7 is the lack of BT!
<
its really really disappointing!

Looks like the current set of phones in my budget are about to be obsolete.. Galaxy will get the S Advance,,Xperia will get the NXT P.so thinking of waiting for a month and getting the Xperia P
<
really in love with it
<

and what if GSIII comes?might get the GSII for a great deal!
<

One problem with W7 is the lack of BT!
<
its really really disappointing!

You have got to be kidding! Really??

This would put even the old iphone BT issues to shame.

I think the bigger the manufacturer, the lower the common sense... OR they probably have an insider competition as to who can sell more phones while ripping their customers off in stupid ways and still getting away with it...

Nexus is the only Single core you shall consider, but indian version is lame SLCD.

at 23-24k, consider a used SGS II

I understand you compulsion for buying from someone you know but many on this very forum could be selling babied SGSII

The i9100G version is a lil lame though.

Sensation at 24k is also great but the link shows 29k now.

Do not invest in SGS line now, it is almost 2yrs old now; I know, still holding... but that is not going to last forever.

At last...

HTC One X is just launched.. this shall reflect in $100 / 5k reduction in prices for SGS II.. GNexus has already dropped by GBP30-50 in UK competing with HTC One S.

I think the bigger the manufacturer, the lower the common sense... OR they probably have an insider competition as to who can sell more phones while ripping their customers off in stupid ways and still getting away with it...

L800 has got a BT Module but W7 doesn't supp. BT transfer :-\

@Madnav

Thank you for the suggestion!

Hi Guys, I'm really confused between Htc sensation and Motorola Atrix 2..i like the specs of the Atrix better.But, i heard that Motorola's after sales service is horrible.

Also, i love the HTC sense UI.

somewhere i read that the atrix 2 has no dev support whereas htc sensation has..how does this matter? im a complete noob in terms of these...plz help me guys..this is gonna be my 1st smartphone ever and i was make a wise choice...please help me ..im really confused

Wait for SE Xperia P. Should be launched within a month. It should have a better display than the Atrix 2 and since it is more recent, it may even get upgraded to a later (unlaunched as of now) version of Android, such as Android 5.x.

Other specs look decent too, only the battery life is to be reviewed.

Where is Sensation available for 23.5 dude, i think there is some coupon on LB for 5K but even then its 24250.

#RanjithMN

The Options you currently have are:

1. HTC Sensation @ 23.5K

2. Motorola Atrix @ 22.5K

If you wish to wait then there is going to be a slew of Dual Core phones that shall be release in Mid-Range Segment like Xperia P, HTC One Series. Personally I feel at 22K Budget you should not settle for Single Core of Arc.

But I feel you should also take Lumia 800 into consideration as its a Good Phone and WP is a Good OS. More importantly you liked it
<

Back