Android for Basic needs

Sparky19

Disciple
Guys need your suggestion for my first android. Here goes my requirement :

1) Will be used only for phone calls and occasional messaging.

2) Gps. Would like to use Sygic maps on it as well as Google maps. Again not on a daily basis. But whenever i am using Gps i will also use a micro usb car charger to prevent battery drain.

3) All the other features are luxury and would hardly be using them.

I don't want to go for any high end phones because i wont do justice to those mobiles. I am not someone who would enjoy watching videos or surfing on mobile screens. Would use my laptop for it , so wanna keep away from phones above 15k.

My previous 2 phones were from Lg and Samsung. So would like to go for some other brand this time. I have shortlisted 3 phones based on my requirements. Would like to know which one , or any other suggestions that would fit the bill.

1) Sony Ericson Xperia mini

2) Htc Wildfire

3) Htc Wildfire S

Have often read that androids have poor battery life. Will my kinda usage last for a day or more ?

ganesh said:
Then go for galaxy y dude i got it except the screen quality u got all the basic features that too it come under 7.1k ;)

I am presently using a Samsung Corby. Galaxy Y is very similar so never considered it. Moreover i want to move on from Samsung and LG to a different Brand like Htc or Sony.

All the above mentioned phones will serve the purpose of texting and calling.

Xperia Mini is a powerful phone and browsing through the menu and opening apps is really fast (i have xperia mini pro)

Others , like wildfire S, will have a slight lag. So if you want quick UI response go for Xperia Mini.

One downside is that many people find 3-3,2 inch screens small for typing (i don't). So try typing on the virtual qwerty before you buy.

If you find it small, then Galaxy Ace is the phone for you!

+1 for galaxy xcd 35.reasons:

1. reasonable cost
2. best resolution at this price 800*480.very important if you are going to use maps a lot!
3. 3.5 inch screen
4. for your usage i.e. calls ,messages,occasional maps ,it will last 2 days-from personal experience!

Thanks for the response guys. As of now i have discarded Htc phones from my wishlist. Have read reviews that they have very low internal memory that would slow down the device. Somehow did not like the Xcd35 and Moto Fire. As for ace, like i said earlier don't want to go for Samsung again.

Right now have brought it down to Sony ericsson Xperia Mini and Motorola Defy. They are available for 11.4k and 13.8k on Letsbuy. I will be using the phone on stock. No roothing , flashing or any of it for me.

The xperia specs seem better than defy, but Defy is more popular. Guess its because they will root it, which i wont. So confused.

Back