Budget 10-15K Android phone for 10-15K budget

hymanshu

Recruit
Primary purpose is calling and messaging, but I don't call or msg often (15-20mts a day of call, and 2-5 msgs a day), maps, music, internet, clicking pics of my daughter, watching movies, casual gaming, and reading books. Currently I own 3 year old Samsung Galaxy 3 with Android 2.2.

Min requirements: 4" screen, 1 GB RAM, good camera pic quality, dual core processor, long lasting battery. I won't be changing my often for the next 2-3 years. And for this reason, I don't want to go for Indian brands as I heard their build quality isn't good.

Galaxy core and Sony Xperia M look fine to me, but I am open for other options.
As per reviews I read, Xperia M has a better and a faster processor, but its screen isn't bright, muted colors, and bad viewing angles. Camera pics aren't that good. ROM is only 1.5GB available out of 4 GB (I don't know if it matters). Its battery and processor+GPU are its positives.
Core has better screen, camera pics are also better, more ROM (4.5 GB available out of 8) but many customers found hanging issues as it is a Samsung device. I know how it feels as I own a Sammy device too, but it doesn't hang that frequently. I do not want to buy another Sammy, but I don't see many options.

What do you guys suggest?

With your budget your best options are the Xperia M , Optimus L9 , Lumia 720.
The Xperia M is already known to you so no point in explaining. The optimus L9 has a 4.7" screen , 2150mAh battery and android 4.1. It will last you about 2 days per charge with your device usage pattern. However the camera is not upto the mark! You have to tweak it a LOT!
The Lumia 720 is a WP8 device and is hands down the VFM device! For your requirements it fills the form by itself and it has a sweet camera! You will find the Lumia 720 for around 16-17k, a little more than your budget but the device will last you for 2-3 years without any lag :)

Xperia M has a lot of positive feedback so since you cant expand your budget go for it! :) I have an Xperia P and i know that once you own an xperia there is no going back :)

Just to add an option.. huawei ascend P1. Same price as xperia m with better cam quality, screen. I like xperia m as well, so dont jump on to me guys;) . Only con i find for p1 is non removable battery:(

I am in the same boat as the OP. I am seriously considering getting the Micromax A110Q (canvas 2 Plus) since it seems pretty good to me. They have a respectable service network in my city. What do you think?

Back