Budget 10-15K Android phone for 15K

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Preferably HD+ and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 11 if possible

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G atleast

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Xiaomi/Redmi, Oppo, Vivo

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Whatsapp, YouTube, Camera

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A: None as such

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: --

=====================================================

Hi everyone,

I need an Android smartphone for my mother, in the price range of 10K-15K. Can extend the budget by a bit more, like 1K for a phone with good hardware. Not wanting to extend the budget beyond that because when 5G comes, will have to buy a 5G phone then.

The usage is that for a senior citizen, mainly Whatsapp, YouTube, camera on occasions, etc. Good storage would be a preference because my mother is lazy with deleting Whatsapp media, which is one of the reasons we are having to buy a new phone.. LOL.

Same as my previous thread, I think the main options are Samsung and Motorola.

But, for Motorola, as said, am worried about their timely updates, if at all they provide any. My mother has an old Moto G phone and no updates were provided for it.

Also, Motorola phones are quite heavy and that is also a minus point. My mother has a Moto G phone, and it is really heavy. Even my hand starts to pain using it... more so, because there is a flip cover on the phone for protection against falls.

So, a decent Samsung phone, which can last for 3-4 years, or until 5G comes, would be great... with preferably 6 GB RAM, to handle OS updates in future, and maybe 128 GB storage.

Realme X2 pro for best all rounder device . Lg g8s personally I love this device using it since 3 months now can say it's got awesome looking OLED display and all other features . And it was a lot cheaper than other sd 855 phones in the market due to lg's reputation in phone buisness . Regardless the device itself is perfect for daily use

Anything with amoled/ OLED displays n Snapdragon and you won't be disappointed .

Samsung M31 looks good, but the model is from 2020. I would prefer a model from 2021, because that would mean newer Android and one more year of update for the phone. Am I right? Also newer Samsung phones too are providing 6000 mAh battery.

@Kaleen Bhaiya , some help here would be appreciated too LOL. Should I go for Samsung Galaxy M21 6 GB version here? Or, is there a better option in 15K range? Might for a bit extra if needed, but as mentioned earlier, don't wanna spend much now, as for 5G, will have to buy a new phone again.

I will try to look on Amazon/Flipkart for Samsung phones for the required price range tomorrow.
Motorola G40 Fusion

Do you own one? Do you know how Motorola are in terms of providing OS upgrades or security updates?

@Kaleen Bhaiya , some help here would be appreciated too LOL. Should I go for Samsung Galaxy M21 6 GB version here? Or, is there a better option in 15K range? Might for a bit extra if needed, but as mentioned earlier, don't wanna spend much now, as for 5G, will have to buy a new phone again.

I will try to look on Amazon/Flipkart for Samsung phones for the required price range tomorrow.

So i did a comparison with some of the models like M31, F41, F22 and they all have something or the other missing. The closest option would be M31 as mentioned by ChetanShah. If your mom is going to take a lot of photos, then I would put M31 above M21 2021. The former has GW1 sensor and you will get great photos, even though it comes with A10 out of the box. The GM sensor on M21(NE) is not bad, I have seen some YT reviews and pics come out to be decent. Just thought to let you know if into photography.

I am not considering HRR(90hz) as a factor since it's a personal preference. They are giving HRR on HD+ screen but 60hz on samoled. It all depends if the processor is capable enough to support HRR, so I will stick to 60hz.

For the given use case, 9611 chipset should do fine so yes, M21 2021(6/128) is a better option, especially if not looking to spend much and waiting for a 5g phone.

One thing I found for all the phones upto 15k. Most are coming with 9611 chipset. So it means two things. Samsung, either has lot of confidence on this SoC(just like how Google has on pixel camera hardware, samething is repeated from Pixel 3 to Pixel 5a) so UX should be good across all those devices atleast for 2-3 years. And secondly, support should be uniform.

Thanks a lot @Kaleen Bhaiya , very helpful, and thanks a lot for taking time and effort to compare the different models... really appreciated.

No my mom isn't really much interested in photography... she just takes occasional pics of family.. that's it... so camera really doesnt matter that much... it should just be decent enough.

And the phone should be decent enough to last atleast a few years, and not give her trouble in day to day regular usage, which also isnt much... just Whatsapp, YouTube, music mainly.
I think 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage should be great for her purpose.

I will myself try to look on Amazon in the given price range and will ask if I have questions about any other product. If not, will go for M21 2021 with 6GB/128 GB.

Back