Android Phone under 11k

preet27

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 11k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Best display possible under this budget

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Only established companies like Samsung HTC etc.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: ONLY Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: ALL

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, internet, GPS, gaming, occasional photography, High speaker noise

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require Dual SIM

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Was thinking about Samsung Ace s5830i

@preet27: Has your TPU case arrive? Is it good? Do you know of any app to record phone calls directly from the line for the G300? Also, I need to know if it is possible to separate the ringing/ringtone volume from the call volume?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it arrived within 2 weeks of me ordering it, and it is quite good quality wise, when you recieve a call try adjusting the call volume from the volume up and down buttons on the side and you are done, ringing volume is controlled from settings tab in the menu.

For recording calls try out google playstore, there must be some app for this, try serarching around google play store a bit

For deleting multiple messages you can select multiple threads and then delete, you have to click the left touchscreen button which gives all the options

Regards !!

@preet27: When I reduce the call volume during a call, I find that the ringtone volume also gets reduced. Most of the time I forget to increase the volume again, so when I next receive a call, the ringtone sound is low. Btw, is there a way to transfer apps to the internal storage (I hope you get what I mean)? My apps storage is nearly full and I have nearly 1.8 GB free on the internal storage. Also, when I check Settings -> Apps -> Running, it shows RAM as 347 MB used with 40 MB free. I thought the total RAM should be 512 MB. Could you let me know what it shows on your handset? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
preet27: When I reduce the call volume during a call, I find that the ringtone volume also gets reduced. Most of the time I forget to increase the volume again, so when I next receive a call, the ringtone sound is low.

Well what I said before is working fine for me, for confirming again, I lowered my call volume to minimum with the side volume buttons, while the call was On, and after the call was over, I again rang my phone from my landline, and my ringtone volume was at the max, same as before, so i donot face the issue you are facing, so it probably could be the firmware version that is causing this problem for you. I am currently running the official ICS version, if you are running GB then this probably could be the reason why this problem is there ( Not Sure)

If I were you I'd go with Live with the Walkman from Ericsson. you can't play hardcore games in it, but come on who buys a mobile to play call of duty or crysis? let them be limited to laptops/desktops. You can play lightweight games, and the music quality is 'amazing'

Back