Budget 10-15K Android Phone under 15000 INR (With Custom Rom Support)

priest1143

Disciple
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 15k INR

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: AMOLED Only

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 10+

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G is fine

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None. But I like Snapdragon for installing Custom Roms!

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Daily Driver (No gaming)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New or Pre-Owned

9. Any other requirements?
A: Great Battery Backup, Excellent Display Quality, Custom Rom Support

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi Note 12, POCO X4 Pro

Summary:
Im in the market for a phone that has good battery backup [one full Day of backup] and great display quality [Amoled preferred] and also support for installing Custom Roms!
Please give any suggestions!

If you want custom roms then just go for Redmi Note series. They also come with AMOLED disply now. Redmi note 6 Pro, which was launched in 2018, got pixel experience android 13 custom rom build 3 months back. Just make sure you pick a popular model as popular phones means custom rom support for longer. Check out xda forum for the phone before buying it to see current roms. Be wary of Redmi Note 12 5g though, its souce code has not been released by xiomi yet so no custom roms for now. As for Redmi Note 12 4g, it's not as popular because it is just a rebranded redmi note 10/11 as redmi note series has been pretty much the same since Redmi Note 10.
Writing this from Crdroid custom rom on my redmi note 10, the phone goes brrrrr.

I think Xiaomi phones will have relatively good custom ROM support compared to options from Moto or others.

IMO Moto G73 is the best choice for 16k for most people, but don't expect much from custom ROMs. Just do your research on ROM support for phones you are considering.

Else, IMO get Poco X4 pro as official android updates doesn't matter to you, should have ROMs.

Xiaomi is the best bet for custom ROMs. But they don't release the kernel sources on time or provide the latest drivers. All custom ROMs are thus hack jobs based on the vendor blobs of MIUI which means they are not going to be stable and will have quite a few bugs. Combined with Xiaomi motherboard issues and poor ASS, it is your call.

Motorola phones too have decent support but they lose Widevine L1 on bootloader unlock, so not a good option if you use OTT apps.

Samsung phones are easily to unlock and root but most custom ROM support stopped a couple of years ago.

OnePlus has been abandoned by the dev community after the 9 series on account of non-existent support after transferring completely to Oppo.

Pixel devices are the best bet for long time custom ROM support with proper vendor blobs.

And needless to say, never expect any custom ROM for Mediatek processors as Mediatek provides 0 dev support.

Xiaomi is the best bet for custom ROMs. But they don't release the kernel sources on time or provide the latest drivers. All custom ROMs are thus hack jobs based on the vendor blobs of MIUI which means they are not going to be stable and will have quite a few bugs. Combined with Xiaomi motherboard issues and poor ASS, it is your call.

Motorola phones too have decent support but they lose Widevine L1 on bootloader unlock, so not a good option if you use OTT apps.

Samsung phones are easily to unlock and root but most custom ROM support stopped a couple of years ago.

OnePlus has been abandoned by the dev community after the 9 series on account of non-existent support after transferring completely to Oppo.

Pixel devices are the best bet for long time custom ROM support with proper vendor blobs.

And needless to say, never expect any custom ROM for Mediatek processors as Mediatek provides 0 dev support.
As you see, I have a budget constrain here of 15k INR only
whats your opinion on redmi note series (older versions)

None of the recent phones are particularly stable. I have a poco m3 and pixel experience is pretty stable. I have an x4 too, but a bit apprehensive Because at this point it has only two decent roms supporting. Evolution x and pixel experience. And PE has stopped updates, and since mi hasn't released kernel sources, we are still using a prebuilt kernel, so you don't get the m3 level stability/performance

None of the recent phones are particularly stable. I have a poco m3 and pixel experience is pretty stable. I have an x4 too, but a bit apprehensive Because at this point it has only two decent roms supporting. Evolution x and pixel experience. And PE has stopped updates, and since mi hasn't released kernel sources, we are still using a prebuilt kernel, so you don't get the m3 level stability/performance
Does xiaomi still releases kernel source for there devices like old times?
Also, any other companies still releasing in 2023?

For custom ROMs you should consider a phone with Snapdragon CPU. Other chipsets don't provide open source support much.
Exception are the Pixel devices. Google is the only manufacturer providing production-level developer support for every aspect of the phone which makes something like GrapheneOS possible with a locked bootloader.

bit over your budget but you can buy the mi Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE from reliance store which is a bit old but if you want custom rom support is great and it has 5g and rlly good cpu and display too..

redmi 12 5g or poco m6 pro 5g

redmi 12 5g will be better choice.

(anyone rooted their samsung m14 or m34, I want to know steps to root samsung and later OTA updates installation procedure and also any drawbacks using rooted samsung.)

Back