Android phone under 15K ?

Cloud-S

Adept
My original budget was 10K, and 15K is the MAX I can extend.
Below are my requirements.

Android
5MP or more camera
High res. Screen
Should not be laggy, maybe 1Ghz or more processor
Should not be out-dated

OPTIONAL
Some external navigation source like button, trackpad etc

Brand I do not prefer - Spice, Micromax

@Smriti Rawat

Nice blog. But I feel you missed out Motorola Defy in that price range. It is better than Salsa or Galaxy ace. Not saying the two models are bad, but I feel Defy to be powerful than those models.

mail2abhi81 said:
Guys/ Android veterans,

With HTC Salsa with Sense 2.1 and GB onboard, now revised to 15.1k (further 1k off, without LB coupons) please suggest if this could be preferred over Defy. The price now makes very much sense.

Also there seems to be some confusion among the SOC of Salsa. GSMArena states "Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM 7227 chipset", however i found some folks stating 205 is not compatible rwith 7227. Do clarify.

This would be my first droid and i wont be doing much tinkering/modding with it.

Thanks in advance.
Abhishek.

HTC Salsa Has Adreno 200 graphics and 7227T processor clocked at 800 MHZ(Same SOC as Galaxy ace). Gsmarena might have made error somewhere.
Also take note that it is an armV6 proccy.Other phones in his range are already coming with v7 instruction
The screen resolution and display size are the real downers.Even for 14-15k Imho its not worth it.
Defy/Mi410/X5/Liquid metal are some phones people should be looking in that range.

The only reason why someone would get Salsa is because it looks fantastic and the build quality is top class as expected from HTC unibody phone.A friend got the phone,and I ran neocore on it.scores around 44-46 fps.
The UI is vey smooth,no lags and Angry Birds ran fine. But as I said browsing and media on a HVGA screen is way less enjoyable then a WVGA or higher screen.

so decide on your priorities.
regards,

Back