Android Phone under 35K!!!

f3arl3ss

Disciple
Hey guys,

Hello guys,

Techenclave helped me a lot in buying iPad so again I am here to get some advice on my next high end smartphone.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 35K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT LCD , AMOLED

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: HTC , Sony and Samsung.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen with touch sensitive buttons.

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 8MP camera. Flash. iPhone 4s like image quality :p or better >.<

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 or 3

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Music, Internet, GPS and lil bit gaming.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Look wise sexy like Xperia s and One X with good hardware.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Xperia S and One X and pls do tell me about Meizu there is a buzz for this phone. I am not comfortable spending 30 K on a Chinese phone.

Cheers,

mate get one X .. there is no doubt !!
But if u like the looks of sgs3 then consider it too. 10% off coupon @ ebay and u will get it in the budget ..

It does not have a user replaceable battery which is kinda dangerous, as once its out of warranty you're on your own!
Also read some negative reviews about battery suffering from loose motions (draining as if it has loose motions) and crappy camera quality as compared to S3 (Read the reviews before flaming my post). S3 is good, if you can live with the plasticky body.

I'm pretty sure both of these devices will get JB update which'll make it a smooth deal :)

Read this for HTC One X vs. S3 - Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. HTC One X: Alien vs. Predator - GSMArena.com

Wow nice feedback guys considering s3 I am only dissapointed by its look otherwise a good phone if it wasn't for the looks I would have bought it today.

Coming to One X I am only worried about the red tint observed in the pics taken from the camera that's it.

And what about Xperia s and ion? Do they worth the money?

Wow nice feedback guys considering s3 I am only dissapointed by its look otherwise a good phone if it wasn't for the looks I would have bought it today.

Coming to One X I am only worried about the red tint observed in the pics taken from the camera that's it.

And what about Xperia s and ion? Do they worth the money?

Xperia S VERY slim chances of receiving JBean.
S3 will get JB update in Q4 of 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean release date revealed? | News | TechRadar (Not sure if India will get it :p)
As for Sony, as I said they are very Lazy in offering Software updates, they promise things and forget about it once they reach their sales target.

Going OT here based on how you've stressed on the Camera bit above.

Get an iPhone 4S. If you want to buy an android phone that'll click pictures like an iPhone, then maybe you really need an iPhone. Agreed that it doesn't have a big screen like S3 or OneX, but for a fat guy like me with big fat fingers...there's no problem.

And when it comes to servicing and other issues, they're the most sorted lot than others. My friend's iPhone home button stopped functioning just about 4-5 days before his warranty was supposed to get over. They took his phone and gave him a brand new phone in 24 hours. You can get it for about 40K on Sulekha or look hard, you'll get a proper deal.

Now if Android is what you want with all the expectations mentioned above, my vote goes to SG3>HTC OneX>Sony Xperia S (awesome value for money though)

Yea I know Sony is bit lazy when it comes to software updates so Xperia s is out of the list.
@creative420 I have iPhone 4 right now and can't wait till iPhone 5 and I want to try android so I think m going with htc one x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha Nice joke there !

Sony is so lazy to update its phones which is why all 2011 Xperia Phones + Live with Walkman (Play does have ICS beta from Sony!) got updated to ICS 4.0.4 and Samsung and HTC are so good and care for their customers so much that they decided to upgrade only their most expensive models costing 25k + to ICS 4.0.3 and forgot about their other consumers
LMAO :D

Sony only cares about reaching their sales target which is why they released ICS Alpha ROM, then ICS 4.0.3 and finally ICS 4.0.4. Three updates to ICS for whole range shows you how they just don't care about their customers ;)

Heck even that's not enough! to add salt to injury, they are even considering updating the 2011 Xperia Range to JB.

Anyways, in all seriousness montsa007 you better get your facts right buddy!. From a trusted source I can tell you that the 2011 range will also be getting Jellybean (althought after 2012 devices this time) and you say you doubt Xperia S will get Jellybean update ??

I hope not to see such ignorant posts again.

Hahaha Nice joke there !

Sony is so lazy to update its phones which is why all 2011 Xperia Phones + Live with Walkman (Play does have ICS beta from Sony!) got updated to ICS 4.0.4 and Samsung and HTC are so good and care for their customers so much that they decided to upgrade only their most expensive models costing 25k + to ICS 4.0.3 and forgot about their other consumers
LMAO :D

Sony only cares about reaching their sales target which is why they released ICS Alpha ROM, then ICS 4.0.3 and finally ICS 4.0.4. Three updates to ICS for whole range shows you how they just don't care about their customers ;)

Heck even that's not enough! to add salt to injury, they are even considering updating the 2011 Xperia Range to JB.

Anyways, in all seriousness montsa007 you better get your facts right buddy!. From a trusted source I can tell you that the 2011 range will also be getting Jellybean (althought after 2012 devices this time) and you say you doubt Xperia S will get Jellybean update ??

I hope not to see such ignorant posts again.

Nice point buddy which phone do u suggest?

^
One X is a good phone if you want quad core, loads of camera features, one of the best screens in the market and also looks quite nice in White. GS3 is great if you care about specs, performance and battery life. Camera can be either inferior or superior to One X (depends on whether you get one with Samsung module(worse) or Sony module ( better) ) but personally I found the screen to be too dull and doesn't have the sharpness of even One X, let alone Iphone 4S or Xperia S. Sound quality is better than One X though.

Xperia S is really odd one out here ( I own one myself!) as it doesn't have quad core so it can't match One X and s3 in terms of outright performance. But has both beat when it comes to screen, camera and looks.

I would suggest you buy Htc One X since you said looks matter to you. Its a nice balance between looks, camera and performance among the three.

If you can wait till October then you may get Sony Xperia "Mint" with 4.6 inch HD screen, Qualcomm s4 krait CPU, 13 megapixel camera with HDR and Arc like design.

^
One X is a good phone if you want quad core, loads of camera features, one of the best screens in the market and also looks quite nice in White. GS3 is great if you care about specs, performance and battery life. Camera can be either inferior or superior to One X (depends on whether you get one with Samsung module(worse) or Sony module ( better) ) but personally I found the screen to be too dull and doesn't have the sharpness of even One X, let alone Iphone 4S or Xperia S. Sound quality is better than One X though.

Xperia S is really odd one out here ( I own one myself!) as it doesn't have quad core so it can't match One X and s3 in terms of outright performance. But has both beat when it comes to screen, camera and looks.

I would suggest you buy Htc One X since you said looks matter to you. Its a nice balance between looks, camera and performance among the three.

If you can wait till October then you may get Sony Xperia "Mint" with 4.6 inch HD screen, Qualcomm s4 krait CPU, 13 megapixel camera with HDR and Arc like design.

I think I can settle with One X for now nice suggestion anyways it's priced at 32 K at some online stores for how much INR can I get via retailers? Or croma?

Cheers,

Back