Android Phone within 19k

sagartiru2006

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?

A: 17-19K Max

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Doesnt Matter! Just Shouldnt Crack when it falls. Gorilla Glass Preferred.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 3-5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: WiFi Must.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: WhatsApp, Text, Calls, Moderate Gaming, Playing with Apps, Music (Most Imp).

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Should Be ICS Upgradable.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V (Worried It might Crack on Falling)

LG Optimus Black

LG Optimus 2X (Will this crack? If dropped from Arms Height ?)

I dont think thatz an Issue as almost all online retailers have it

http://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/lg_optimus_2x_p990-m159.php

And it will take me about 1/2 - 1month to arrange cash so i think till tat time it will b out totally so ... is Optimus Black good enuf or Galaxy R ?? I really loved the look and the disply of Optimus black (more than the galaxy r and secondly ebay ppl sellin galaxy r for 19k with manufacturer warranty so if i get Galaxy R fr 19k sumwhr then fine else i think Optimus black is a good option)

Any1 frm mumbai know the price of Galaxy R at Alfa ???

One more doubt has any1's SE Neo V Fallen frm thier hands just wanted to knw coz this happens to me very often hence dont wanna take a delicate phone which will crack in 1 fall .... i hav had Samsung Wave 525 it fell off a lot of time but the screen was intact without any issues !!! Also the touch was a little reduced but still i was used to it so not an issue
<
!!!!

Go for the 2x or SGR. 2x is a no-brainer if you want Gorilla Glass and want to upgrade to latest versions of Android months before official update, use blazing fast custom ROMs, etc. I am already on ICS on my 2x and i love it
<

About whether its display will crack on dropping it, I dont think anyone is brave enough to try
<

Price of SGR at Alfa was ~21k a month or so ago.

Thnx guyz fr all the help, btw 1month to collect cash will see which i get after that
<
!! Really plannin fr an O2X hope I get one xD !!! Else Galaxy R or hmm dont knw
<

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

After a lot and lot of thinking I hav almost Zero'd on the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V. It matches all my requirements. I really dont see the need to spend more than 18k hence. Please lemme know your suggestions guys. Also Among Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V & LG Optimus Black which one would you guys recommend !!! ??

Also Thanks to all the prior commenters and helpers. U guyz Rock xD !!!

After a lot and lot of thinking I hav almost Zero'd on the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V. It matches all my requirements. I really dont see the need to spend more than 18k hence. Please lemme know your suggestions guys. Also Among Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V & LG Optimus Black which one would you guys recommend !!! ??

Also Thanks to all the prior commenters and helpers. U guyz Rock xD !!!

You seem to be going in circles buddy.
<

I would recommend you to wait till MWC event is finished maybe you can get something better.
<

I am sorry guyz if i sound rude about rejecting your opinions but after too much thinking I am planning for a HTC Desire HD ....

It looks good, has the amount of specs i need, and will get ICS update frm HTC ... tatz all i care about. I told my bro and even he gave me a green to go for it sayin itz a very nice phone since his frnd has one.

Purchasing Next Week. Will let you guyz know. Thanks for the Help !!!

Battery is very poor in DHD and sound is not so great (not loud enough)

About the battery i read on lotz of forums that Gingerbread Upgrade fixed the battery in DHD also about the sound i am not worried i got Sennheiser PMX 680 Sports headset which is pretty nice and i use it to listen to music. Dont care about the speakerphone
<
!!!

is desire s better than Desire HD ?? I am gettin DHD fr 19k and desire S fr 22k so i guess DHD is what i will go fr .. Thnx fr the suggestion nywayz also one of my broz frndz had it if it had battery probs my bro wud hav warned me abt the same !!!

Lol .... i have changed my mind
<
..... went to alfa got some mobile phone rates as follows :

Sony Arc S - 21500 / 26250(B&W)

Desire S - 20750(B&W)

Incredible S - 24000(B&W)

Desire - 18000(B&W)

Neo V - 14000/17000(B&W)

sgsii - 24000/29500(B&W)

Galaxy S+ - 20750(B&W)

Xperia pro - 14000/19000(B&W)

When am puttin 19k i thought why not put in another 5k and get SGSII without bill. The Alfa guy told if any problems happen they will repair and giv it
<
... so going for SGS II going to get it in a week or two .... max by 3rd April !!!

Just to mention a few things about the battery life on the DHD, since that was being discussed. The DHD had horrible battery life on Froyo, which went up nicely when upgraded to Gingerbread. With the ICS port that's available on XDA for the DHD, the battery life is super awesome (for a phone with this display). To give an idea, with the usage being 24 hour push mail on WiFi, 5 minutes of calls a day, no SMS, the occasional 3 - 5 pics a day, checking news and rss apps for around 30 minutes a day, the battery life used to be 25 hours on Froyo, 36 - 37 hours on Gingerbread, and now upto 45 hours on the ICS.

When am puttin 19k i thought why not put in another 5k and get SGSII without bill. The Alfa guy told if any problems happen they will repair and giv it
<
... so going for SGS II going to get it in a week or two .... max by 3rd April !!!

Those very well could be second hand phones, do check for any physical irregularities. Personally I would not risk 24k on the word of a shop keeper.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3621&idPhone2=4327

The current SGSII present in India is the G version with an inferior OMAP 4430 and SGX540 compared to the more powerful Exynos and Mali400 in the original version.

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-mobile-phone/p/itmd53q4fhueqnv8?pid=MOBD5UBXTYQUSXEP&_l=zHe6CK0M27h6U7YSQ5Ld7A--&_r=q7Jz9H1AUjVhGeEcY2lqpQ--&ref=4bf05a27-49c4-4224-9eaf-d0690b7c16eb

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-s-2-i9100-mobile-phone/p/itmczbrrg2pdbvnp

Check flipkart. It says original one with Exynos is discontinued and only has the OMAP one.

Check the Atrix 2.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Motorola-Atrix-2-DoW-offer-Rs-23350-00-/270930585676?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3f14b8a84c#ht_2491wt_1139

Ebay has sent out 10% coupon without any upper limit this week to a few accounts.

So with that you can get this one for ~20.6k (Listed price ~22.9k)

Back