Android Phone within 19k

sagartiru2006

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?

A: 17-19K Max

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Doesnt Matter! Just Shouldnt Crack when it falls. Gorilla Glass Preferred.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 3-5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: WiFi Must.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: WhatsApp, Text, Calls, Moderate Gaming, Playing with Apps, Music (Most Imp).

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Should Be ICS Upgradable.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V (Worried It might Crack on Falling)

LG Optimus Black

LG Optimus 2X (Will this crack? If dropped from Arms Height ?)

Those very well could be second hand phones, do check for any physical irregularities. Personally I would not risk 24k on the word of a shop keeper.

+1 to that. I would suggest you to get the Galaxy S plus with proper paperwork and have complete peace of mind.

You might be saving a few grands on the sgs II but probability of facing a lot of hassle later on is quite high.

Think before you leap
<

use this link and apply 10% coupon to get it for Rs. 18891

http://www.ebay.in/i...=item2c63767376

You don't have to exceed your budget also.

+1 to that. I would suggest you to get the Galaxy S plus with proper paperwork and have complete peace of mind.

You might be saving a few grands on the sgs II but probability of facing a lot of hassle later on is quite high.

Think before you leap
<

use this link and apply 10% coupon to get it for Rs. 18891

http://www.ebay.in/i...=item2c63767376

You don't have to exceed your budget also.

Dont wanna go S+ coz no official ICS and no LED Flash. And to think of it in a way when am puttin about 20k why cant i get a cam wid flash
<

Those very well could be second hand phones, do check for any physical irregularities. Personally I would not risk 24k on the word of a shop keeper.

The shop keeper is Alfa in Parle which is very reputed in all of mumbai ... and the phones are sealed pack .,,,,,

http://www.gsmarena....1&idPhone2=4327

The current SGSII present in India is the G version with an inferior OMAP 4430 and SGX540 compared to the more powerful Exynos and Mali400 in the original version.

http://www.flipkart....af-d0690b7c16eb

http://www.flipkart....tmczbrrg2pdbvnp

Check flipkart. It says original one with Exynos is discontinued and only has the OMAP one.

Check the Atrix 2.

http://www.ebay.in/i...#ht_2491wt_1139

Ebay has sent out 10% coupon without any upper limit this week to a few accounts.

So with that you can get this one for ~20.6k (Listed price ~22.9k)

Dont wanna go Motorola .. I was planning for Xperia Arc S but itz way to delicate fr the likes of me
<
..... And i used the SGS II it felt a bit laggy
<
.... i dont think i will get the Exynos thing in india but 1.2Ghz dual core is just fine fr me
<
fr 24k itz a steal.

About the warranty the shopkeeper said in case of any errors the phone will b repaired and i think i am nt tat bad in handling phones
<
i am even gonna order a ZAGG Invisible shield for the full body
<
just for safety sake.

So Mind still locked on the SGS II without B&W for 24k ....... Sorry guyz if i am rude to u but i feel itz best for me.

So Mind still locked on the SGS II without B&W for 24k

Do note that the SGS II in India would be a I 9100G model, which has absolutely no dev support hence you would be limited to Samsung stock ROMs. Apart from that its a nice phone and yet has Super AMOLED+ goodness.

Motorola atrix 2.nothing beats it.its your choice to trust moto or not because it has one of the most best selling mid range handset i.e.defy .

No doubt about its performance. check its specs before you go for any other piece.it falls in your budget too.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Do note that the SGS II in India would be a I 9100G model, which has absolutely no dev support hence you would be limited to Samsung stock ROMs. Apart from that its a nice phone and yet has Super AMOLED+ goodness.

That is not a problem as long as i get root access it is totally fine which AFAIK is possible in i9100G. I dont want to mess up wid ROM's either ways.

Motorola atrix 2.nothing beats it.its your choice to trust moto or not because it has one of the most best selling mid range handset i.e.defy .

No doubt about its performance. check its specs before you go for any other piece.it falls in your budget too.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

I dont really like the display of the Motorola's
<

That is not a problem as long as i get root access it is totally fine which AFAIK is possible in i9100G. I dont want to mess up wid ROM's either ways.

Then it should be fine, but whats the point of an Android phone if you cannot experiment with the various ROM's there
<

And trust me some of the ROM's are really good, they not only improve UI, but battery efficiency also improves over stock ROM. I was never a phone person myself, but with the advent of smartphone, there is a new device for me to tinker to suit my tastes, and satiate the techie inside
<

If you are looking for stable phone to work out of the box, do consider the WP7 phones. The UI is anyday better then Android, and maybe as good as IOS. All the basic phone requirements work out of the box flawlessly. If you are looking for a gaming deice, then you cannot ignore Iphones, as the amount of gaming support the phone has is not even funny.

The problem with us computer junkies (me included) are that we give too much importance to phone hardware. I agree that the screen quality makes a difference, but am unsure how much difference does a dual core proccy make yet. The single core WP7 phones and Iphones are yet more fluid then the dual core droids. However we are ever hopeful that future software releases would harness the processing power, but then again what if the OEM stops support of the phone after ICS? That is where a good dev support kicks in, Samsung is not going to release ICS update for the original Galaxy S but there are CM9 beta nightly builds on ICS out already. Phone selection was never so difficult
<

^ Have you considered HTC Sensation? It's selling for 24k now at letsbuy with free bluetooth headset.

If you're not bothered about custom Roms then SGS2 I9100G is good enough for 24k, but keep in mind that you're taking a chance with warranty. No idea about i777's developer support.

^ Have you considered HTC Sensation? It's selling for 24k now at letsbuy with free bluetooth headset.

If you're not bothered about custom Roms then SGS2 I9100G is good enough for 24k, but keep in mind that you're taking a chance with warranty. No idea about i777's developer support.

Finally a good option to replace SGS2 thanks a lot bro. Will think about it
<
..... Last time I had seen sensation it was for like 28k something so didn't wanted to take it now it looks good. Hope the price stays till 3rd April tatz the last date i am waiting for the phone
<

EDIT:- Confused again
<
they say battery life is bad in HTC Sensation.... Can any Sensation users giv any inputz
<
:-?

I had been to Croma today to check out Razr and sensation.

The croma guy told me that they will have atrix 2 soon with them in abt 3-4 days so u can check it out (especially the display)

Might visit Croma Soon. By The Way guyz is it worth waiting for Sony XPeria P ?? .... it also has Mali 400 GPU and will cost somewhere near 24k

HTC Sensation or SGSII or Atrix2(If Display Pleases me
<
) or wait for NextGen Phones

Will update u guyz after 4-5dayz when i visit crome. Take care till then
<

Back