Audio Another headphone thread

rahulhbk

Disciple
hi everyone!!

I'm looking for headphones to go with my Xonar DX and have a budget of 2.5k. Can be extended a bit but ONLY if the difference is really worth the extra money. Usage will be moderate gaming and listening to pretty much all kinds of music :) :S. Also please suggest where i can get them from Chennai or here at TE.

Last time i went to Chennai i saw the following in Landmark. Couldnt find nething else newhere

Sennheiser HD 201 gaming edition - 1.4k

Sennheiser HD 202 - same as above i think :ashamed: Kinda forgot :ashamed:

Sennheiser HD 437 - 1.65k

Should i get any of the above?? Although i think the price's are high :(

rahulhbk said:
Changed :ashamed: Any other uh.. constructive suggstions?? :p :cool2: :ashamed:

My vote would be to HD202, though never heard the HD437 or read its review. HD202 is certainly better than 201, so you need to check for reviews between HD202 and HD437, or wait for some1 who has heard both of them to report back with their thoughts......

@banik : i couldnt find ne review which compares those either :(
@xtr : which ones are those?? Haven't heard of them.. :ashamed: Better then the Sennheiser's??

any dealer on TE who has these headphones??:)

If you play lots of games, get the HD202. Else if you want it primarily for music get the HD201. The Philips 2700 is not too bad also but the Senns have better build quality. If you are willing to spend upto 2k, then get the Philips HP5400.

The HP5400 is supposed to have a great sound.

^^ If you are travelling to Mumbai, check Sound Out at Herra Panna. They have a headphone called Pro2 PH-1000 LE. They sound really nice at 2k - Great midrange and nice tight bass. I love these earphones and I have kept them for almost 7 ears and not plans yet to replace them since they are really quite good.

Here is a comment on head-fi - best 'el cheapo' headphones? - Page 2 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Another link - HeadWize: Headphone Studio > Closed and portable, opinions please

Here is the official link - http://www.pro2.com.tw/bimage.asp?table=lightweight_headphones&id=8

rahulhbk said:
ok i guess its b/w HD202 and HD 437.. Neone who has heard both?? :)

I have heard both. Didn't like the HD202 one bit as the ear piece is kinda small and not at all comfy. Couldn't bear it for even a min. I know this varies from person to person, but do check this before you make a decision.

In terms of sound quality, 437 seems to have more bass. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Btw, the prices of 437 have increased over the past week from Rs 1599 to 1850 here in Bangy.

You can also consider Philips SHP8900. It will cost you close to 3k, and with an ebay coupon, you can have it fir around 2.5k.
i own both HD201 and the 8900. 201 comes nowhere close to that. ALso the earcup of 8900 is much larger and cushioned. Every parts talks of quality, while my HD201's cable are kinda dieing. The insulation is kinda coming out, and the earcup's are kinda peeled off.

8900's has soft microfibre kinda fabric, and it shudnt happen with it for it.
check ths pics here:

BF1983 said:
^^ If you are travelling to Mumbai, check Sound Out at Herra Panna. They have a headphone called Pro2 PH-1000 LE. They sound really nice at 2k - Great midrange and nice tight bass. I love these earphones and I have kept them for almost 7 ears and not plans yet to replace them since they are really quite good.

Here is a comment on head-fi - best 'el cheapo' headphones? - Page 2 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Another link - HeadWize: Headphone Studio > Closed and portable, opinions please

Here is the official link - http://www.pro2.com.tw/bimage.asp?table=lightweight_headphones&id=8

Dear BF1983,

I am in the market for a 2K headphone, and Pro2 PH-1000 seems to be an interesting idea to explore.
The first 2 links u have given is from the year 2000 and 2001. And the 3rd link, the URL of the company is not working. I don't know whether the site is temporarily down or whether they have closed shop. Did u check the URL now? Or did u copy-paste it from the earlier 2 links?

thanks!

Hi, I somehow think the company has gone out of business !

However they might still be available at soundout. I really like them. Mine are still lasting after almost 3 years. (And with rough handling to boot !)

Back