Camera Another newbie DSLR buying suggestion thread

@OP

The pics for the camera you have are good.

The flows are:
You kept flash on, in general the flash of a P $ S can only light up 10 ft area.
The bubbles you see are very common, specially in night shots.

You have to explore the settings of your camera (canon have dial which depicts the icon of setting look for "Av" )

In Av mode you can set the shutter speed increase it to about 1 sec, reduce the ISO to 100, put your camera on a still surface (If you dont have tripod, like the barricade in first photo of skyline), put the flash to off and see the difference.

The first experiment you can make is go to the terrace of your home keep the camera on parapet secured and experiment you will be surprised how good the results are.

look at my flickr stream on my signature there are night pics taken by an ancient P&S.

ps edit : before you jump on to DSLR atleast acquire reasonable skills with your present camera otherwise you will be utterly disappointed with DSLR because of focus problems / composition problems and many other things.

Do not be disheartened you are making first steps into the photography, being a geek at heart you are disappointed but you can land at the top as it is, either you have ascend the steps or you have descend from air which way to choose is upto you. :D

Well I have decided to go for Canon 1000D...here is a good deal for the same on ebay...for rs 20800/-

eBay India: Canon EOS 1000D + 18-55mm Lens + 2 Years MFR Warranty (item 260676655758 end time 23-Oct-2010 08:30:00 IST)

I can get iPod Shuffle 4GB free with it as diwali gift...now only confusion is that at the bottom in box content they have written

The EOS 1000D is available as body only (Europe only, left image) and as a kit with the EF-S 18-55 mm IS lens with its image stabilization (right image). Apart from the lens the box contents of the 'body only' and kit versions are identical. Note that there is no storage card included with the EOS 1000D.

The EOS 1000D Kit (including lens) is supplied as:

Canon EOS 1000D Digital SLR body

EF-S 18 - 55 mm F3.5 - F5.6 lens

Eyecup (attached to camera)

LP-E5 Lithium-Ion battery pack

LC-E5 Battery charger

Neck strap

USB Cable

Video Cable

CD-ROM: Canon Digital Camera Solutions Disk (Win/Mac)

Manuals / Reg. card

Well as far as I know the lens coming with Canon 1000D is non IS...but here they are saying it's IS...can anyone tell weather it's IS or non-IS?

Well I called the seller...he told...it's non-IS only...he said...if I pay Rs 2800/- more...I can get with IS...so guys is it really worth to go for? I'm little inclined towards IS...pour in your suggestions...

vinaycm said:
Brought the 1000D body only?

Nope...I bought the whole product..however seller has said that if you want IS lens then you have to let me know by tomorrow...I have to NEFT the remaining amount to his bank account...so please suggest what to do?

Well I got Canon 1000D without IS lens...that ebay seller shipped the cam before money getting credited to his account...:mad:

So total price is Rs 20800/-...btw am very satisfied with the cam...the color reproduction is awesome...pics are sharp and clear...am loving it... :D

Back