Another Pet joins the home - Mr.Tortoise :D

There is a BEING HUMAN office in our premises & on the same floor a branch office of PETA, I do not know if it is a co-incidence or deliberate, I like this forum & do not want it closed down for some animal cruelty reason.

Anyways, do not change course of nature & let the poor animal go, else he will become a NINJA one day & beat up ur ass.

Find out what species it is and check for its food habits. Definitely avoid fruits as you might poison the poor animal, they can eat grass, leaves, etc.
Tortoises like to roam and the house pic that you linked is plainly stupid and almost cruel, what is the ramp for?. They already have a house which is their shell. All they need is a large enough place to roam, enough sunshine and some place/corner which is dark enough to rest/hide.

I am not even talking about the legalities in this case. Act like a responsible person and find out what is correct or you will end up hurting the animal even with the best of intentions. If you are unsure about what to do, leave it where you found it. If you feel it is hurt or cannot survive check your local zoo or try to contact here http://www.bnhs.org/.

After reading all the replies, contacted the local zoo authority, asking whether they will be taking the tortoise and provide place for him the the lake.

Also i am located @ Chhattisgarh, it will be hard to find some good animal conservation center

Waiting for their reply :(

After reading all the replies, contacted the local zoo authority, asking whether they will be taking the tortoise and provide place for him the the lake.
How's the zoo quality? Delhi Zoo sucks in many ways. I wonder if they even feed the animals properly.
I would suggest PETA or some NGO working for animals. Live it, breed it and multiply it!! Earth is running our of turtles and tortoises.

Last edited:
Here Zoo is a reputed one, they have the highest number of tiger and lions and even white tiger all over India :D

Google it, Maitri Garden Bhilai :D

Pics will come tomorrow, today was too busy in work :(

Anyway, Zoo authority has arranged a vet check on the tortoise before they accept in the Zoo, till then he will stay here :)

As of now, he has taken his dinner and sleeping :D

My friend has two dogs, three cats, two parrots, about 200+ fishes, five White rats.. I'm okay with them all.. But he has an owl and a tortoise too. Which scares the crap outta me.

Last edited:
Pics coming soon so stay tuned :D[DOUBLEPOST=1380185159][/DOUBLEPOST]and here comes first pics of the baby :D

dtkq.jpg

dajk.jpg

6qbk.jpg

zkwt.jpg

xdgb.jpg

bhp0.jpg

y1nm.jpg

Last edited:
Back