PC Peripherals Antec NeoHE500 vs TP II 550

abbey Quad...... after we have all told him to go for Neo HE, why are you still breaking your head over it??

Leave it to him naa..... We all warned him before itself not to go for SP500....he didnt listen to us. Now that he has decided on NeoHE and if he still does not listen to us, nothing we can do...... dont take so much trouble to dig up threads and all that :p

that time Neo was great and sp had a problem.
now neo has problem but cooler master is great.
Where do I find a cooler master, I have to take something from theitdepot and I don't think they have CM PSU

iGreens are Seventeam OEMs so they'll definitely be good in performance. However at high loads, they are supposed to be damn noisy like all seventeams :p.

Well Chaos, I am currently using 450W Cooler Master Power Supply (Real Power 450 RS-450-ACLX), and I can barely hear any noise. Infact, its a plus point I would like to add that these are very silent Power Supplies.

Although, I may like to add that ColorsIT Power Supplies are quite cheap and effective as well.

RS450/550 is made by Enhance AFAIK and not seventeam. The extreme power is seventeam and noisy as well. Brand name means nothing... it all depends on who actually is building the PSU. ColorsIT has crap inside... if you want cheap PSUs, its either the extremepowers or VIP/powersafe that I'd suggest.

I would be extremely grateful to you Chaos, if you explain me about that. And, ColorsIT Power Supply is powering my friend's X1900 CrossFire rig. You may want to talk about with someone on ATI?, Hyderabad itself?

^^All brands like antec/coolermaster/silverstone/thermaltake/ocz don't make their own PSUs. They are made by a third party and these companies only stick their own sticker and do the marketing. These PSUs are built to spec what the marketing company demands. So antec sources its PSUs from either Channelwell or Seasonic, Silverstone from Enhance, the crappy thermaltakes come from deer or powmax (totally avoidable), ocz from FSP or topower etc. Even the PC Power and Cooling which are supposed to be the best in the business are not made by themselves. The PCP&C Silencers are made by seasonic and the higher end ones are made by some other company... (can't rmr:p)

Radeon said:
My sincere regards, Chaos.

Although, I would like to read more about it, can you suggest any website or so?
You'll mostly get info from various forums (xs/hard/vr etc). Jonnyguru has excellent psu reviews. So does silentpcreview, pc perspective and extremeoverclocking... Check either of these sites.

Edit: To cut the story of this thread short, NeoHE is the single best PSU u'll get in India... As long as you don't encounter the Asus compatibility issues (some epox boards also had it), you are fine. Shouldn't be an issue since all NeoHEs we've received here are "fixed" versions.

Radeon said:
I would be extremely grateful to you Chaos, if you explain me about that. And, ColorsIT Power Supply is powering my friend's X1900 CrossFire rig. You may want to talk about with someone on ATI?, Hyderabad itself?

You are kidding me... post the specs of that PSU. X1900 CF would probably just about run on my NeoHE!

Radeon said:
Ok, its a 450W "Golden" ColorsIT PSU, 1GB Kingston HyperX, 4000+ San Diego with couple of X1900's :)

thats totally impossible, has your friend ever tried playing any games with it??

He is in a big trouble if he continue using it.

My Antec SP500 can't run 1900xtx propoerly, is 450 watts color site better than antec?

Please be sure, what is better neo or cooler master 600watts or 500 watts.

This is the last time anyone will tell you... get a NEO HE and shut up.

I request others not to reply him anymore.

why were one or two perople telling me that cooler master will be better for me then?

I have Asus A8N E , I don't want problems, but I want Neo

Back