Anti Piracy Groups in India

theunknown

Disciple
Does any Anti Piracy Group operate in India?

Does using ssl on the tracker and for torrenting truly protect us?

Is the encription option in utorrent different from using ssl for torrenting? And does it really useful? And does it slow down the download and upload speed?

Also when using ssl for torrenting, does our download and upload speed decrease? Cause when we use ssl for the tracker, it takes a few seconds more to load a page.

I'm a little paranoid today :bleh:

Enabling encryption on uTorrent prevents the ISP to identify the packets which are being transferred to my IP (i.e. torrent data`s packet) is copyrighted file or not.........

As it is not actually visible on their end....... by doing this

(You know na.... thats the logic of encryption only the person with the key i.e. Public and Private key in case of Assymetric Key Algorithm can Encrypt or decrypt the data to decrypted or Encrypted form respectively.........)

So you are safe

But thats not actually impossible.......... And there are measures to track down the transmission of copyrighted content even after encryption.....

But lemme tell you one thing ===>>> ""No one takes so much pain in their ass here India....""So dont wory.....

Note: About up/dwn speeds using Encryption....... It actually helps you improvise your speed buth up and down........... Bcoz doing this makes you more connectable to peers in the swarm......

About Encryption Algorithm Used..... Its not SSL I suppose...........

Else there would be too much of lag...... Which doesnot seems to be there (I am telling eith my personal experince.........)

Anyways you can always clarify your doubt at uTorrent forum........ They have very prompt response there......

Best of luck.........

"No one takes so much pain in their ass here India....""So dont wory.....

True for now but once there are more ppl online things may change.

Currently only 4% of this country is online.

If i were to pull a figure from the air hmm say 15-20%

How long will it take for 20% of the country to be online ?

Thats when we can expect things to change. There is no reason for that figure it just represents a market large enough to protect.

Right dude...... The Figure is not big enough to keep track..........

You know what we are the second biggest population....... And that percentage itself counts a lot no people..............

And the clear facts comes out with the info that there are of so many members from India in so many no of Good private trackers....

Even some Trackers dont allow Our country people to get into it vis IRC.......... A grat recent example is What.cd......... Their membership was open via IRC.............

But as soon i logged into the membership link after getting to What.cd IRC......... the system immediately kicked me off immediately saying so many users from India......

About keeping track on us............ First of all we dont have good net connections and pings as compared to other Nations................

Check out our country ranking on Speedtest.net........... its way down........

So the fact is the present system (which will include hardwares, software and proffessional involved in this process) are not skilled enough to do so..........

And one who are there dont keep themself updated.........

Anyways.............. We have some good and some bad apsect of it..........

Thats why they say ===>> ""What cant be cured, Must be Endured""

^^ Trackers banning countries is purely on the basis of the number of cheaters/rule violators from that country . they dont care about population/internet speeds etc

theunknown said:
Does any Anti Piracy Group operate in India?

Does using ssl on the tracker and for torrenting truly protect us?

Is the encription option in utorrent different from using ssl for torrenting? And does it really useful? And does it slow down the download and upload speed?

Also when using ssl for torrenting, does our download and upload speed decrease? Cause when we use ssl for the tracker, it takes a few seconds more to load a page.

I'm a little paranoid today :bleh:

Are you using any SSL proxy???? They do help to make the transfer anonymous.

But as far as I know there is no site which allows you to use their SSl proxy for free.

Also if such a free usage site were to exist, the download and upload speeds would have had been extremely pathetic as a lot of users would have had been using it.

Using an SSL proxy is the most secure way of hiding from the RIAA and MPAA.

SSL is the most secure encryption algorithm available presently for use on the Internet.

To use a moderate shield, why don't you use Peer Guardian?
It blocks uploads and downloads to and from any IP address which it knows to be used by any anti-piracy groups.

hotshot05 said:
Are you using any SSL proxy???? They do help to make the transfer anonymous.

But as far as I know there is no site which allows you to use their SSl proxy for free.

Also if such a free usage site were to exist, the download and upload speeds would have had been extremely pathetic as a lot of users would have had been using it.

Using an SSL proxy is the most secure way of hiding from the RIAA and MPAA.

SSL is the most secure encryption algorithm available presently for use on the Internet.

To use a moderate shield, why don't you use Peer Guardian?
It blocks uploads and downloads to and from any IP address which it knows to be used by any anti-piracy groups.

Hmm not a ssl proxy, I'm talking more about using ssl for torrenting, for example, in waffles you can set to have the announce url to be ssl.

If it doesnt slow down my speeds I may buy it from the shop, doesnt make any difference other than being more secure right?

Also no one answered, is the encryption in utorrent different from ssl torrenting? And does it effect speeds?

Back