Antivirus Programs

I have been using NOD32 for almost 2 years. It has a very small foot print and it is blazing fast. And it has been winning accolades since ever.

Zonelabs zonealarm firewall plus antivirus suite is getting good reviews.

The added benefit is u hve a great firewall included with one less extra software running in ur pc.

It is?
It is a resource hogger...whether u want it or not the firewall would always run in the background(if u want real time av scanning).In the old virus.gr test it didnt detect over 30% of viruses

Kaspersky AV Personal Pro is what I have on my computer.
I'm on a Pentium III 500MHz and have also used McAfee & Norton AVs. Both suck the resources of my system, whereas KAV PP is doing fi9. KAV has fairly good virus detection, so I'm satisfied with it's working.

so, anyone who has a slow comp, I'll recommend KAV; anyday.

i dont think KAV would work with all the pc's fine...it screwed up my P4 3ghz and hogged resources very badly....i had to remove it...but them tht as mentioned mayb a version problem....

I suggest BitDefender, its light on system and comes with Anti-Spam, Anti-Firewall along with the usual AV/Regisrty control. I like it becuase its scan is as effective as norton and occupies half the RAM norton does with the firewall and antispam on.

Rave said:
here you are m8

Code:
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/71/lng/ww/tpl/tpl01

I have the file ....but the thing is i dont have the serial key and they never asked my mail-id to send it to me.
I used one from the crack sites and it was "black listed".

dload the free edition of AVG from
Code:
[url]www.grisoft.com[/url]

u wont be needing any seperate cd key as the setup comes with a cd key preloaded... :hap2:

im using XP SP2 with NAV 2k5. so i suppose firewall is not required & moreover norton blocks trojans.
Ive tried zonealarm which annoyed me by not to download files thru my firefox.

I have a modest config and I am running Norton 2005 on it .. It is much better in resource usage then its previous versions and the inbuilt firewall is more than enough for a home user .. Just install SpamBayes and you get your Norton Internet Security equivalent ..
Kaspersky I have tried and it is pretty slow in scanning the files for virus and was becoming a PIA day by day so I kicked it out ..
I have triend McAfee too .. It slowed my system soo much .. Too many process running .. Eek .. That was the worst of all ..
Havent tried Nod32 as yet and I dont think there is any reason cauz I am living happily ever after with Norton 2k5 ..

Back