Any aquarists here?

it will depend on the quality of cylinder and accessories that you are investing in. I am running a 2kg Aluminium cylinder with a Chinese regulator, tubings, diffusor etc. The cost for the whole kit was 8000/- plus Rs.360/- for filling the cylinder from a medical gas agency. You can expect each refill to last approx 5-6 months.

it will depend on the quality of cylinder and accessories that you are investing in. I am running a 2kg Aluminium cylinder with a Chinese regulator, tubings, diffusor etc. The cost for the whole kit was 8000/- plus Rs.360/- for filling the cylinder from a medical gas agency. You can expect each refill to last approx 5-6 months.
Where are you located?
This filling up from medical agency has my eyes. I have no clue from where i can refill and what are the costs. I am from new mumbai. Is there a way i can found out who does co2 refilling nearby?

Where are you located?
This filling up from medical agency has my eyes. I have no clue from where i can refill and what are the costs. I am from new mumbai. Is there a way i can found out who does co2 refilling nearby?
I am based in Kerala. There will be plenty of options in Mumbai. Just search for industrial gas supplier or any medical gas agency near your location.

@malcolm_cg
Friend have this Massmot contraption, concern with it is that after very few months the metal side of pressure control knob, etc. corrodes, can't predict the CO2 discharge volume and becomes a danger to fishes.
Mr. Butler CO2 cylinders comes cheap, can be easily recharged. Somebody was providing adapter earlier from GJ, now can be located on web.

Got a fairly big Teak Driftwood piece for my a 25 Gallon aquarium I'll be setting up. Currently soaking it in hot water (changing twice a day) for the tannin to leach out. It weighs about 2-2.5kgs when wet:

IMG_20240421_202806.jpg

IMG_20240421_202839.jpg

Will set it for a normal water (not hot) soak tonight and add liquid Bleach to it. After it soaks overnight in the bleach water will give it a thorough rinsing tomorrow and then leave it under the baking summer sun on the roof of my house till it is bone dry. Post that treatment will soak it again in water + water conditioner for a few more days and it should be aquarium ready.

I don't mind the mild tannin bleed in the aquarium and it's actually even good for the fish so will plop it in the tank soon. :)

Back