Any aquarists here?

I am looking for 5ft * 2 Ft * Ft aquarium for monster fishes. Can anyone share their thoughts on what should be the min. mm thickness of glass. (10mm or 12mm) .. I am thinking of 12 mm as want long lasting and extra safety but it is costly... please share your thoughts..

I am looking for 5ft * 2 Ft * Ft aquarium for monster fishes. Can anyone share their thoughts on what should be the min. mm thickness of glass. (10mm or 12mm) .. I am thinking of 12 mm as want long lasting and extra safety but it is costly... please share your thoughts..
12 mm.

1638197186725.png

@terminater Did you use masking tape on the corners? You need bigger filters man. Nice curious looking fish. I hope you cycled the tank :)
I guess you are making/buying a stand for it now and this is a temp set up. If possible fill it up or else you may have some hard to remove white lines on this water level.
Request others to post their aquarium tank pics....
Yes soon.

Last edited:
Masking tape ..did not use ....my bad....
Fishes: Oscar(albino/tiger)+ Severum +red parrot + King Kong Parrot+koi+ Marvel vieja..
Cycling was done.for short time..microlife S2 was used..
Temp setup...
Ok..will fill upto high level .

Masking tape ..did not use ....my bad....
Fishes: Oscar(albino/tiger)+ Severum +red parrot + King Kong Parrot+koi+ Marvel vieja..
Cycling was done.for short time..microlife S2 was used..
Temp setup...
Ok..will fill upto high level .

Masking tape for neat look.
Masking.jpg
Seam.jpg

Using aeration methods like aquarium pumps producing lot of small bubbles, changing higher percentage of water, etc. can help.
In general, not required if your aquarium is cycled and well balanced.

I was confused by this product which i wanted for some other purpose.

It's real use is to remove algae from ponds that reduce oxygen levels.

If people have fish ponds instead of fish tanks then i guess it has some vaue.

Dosage is 1 spoon for 100 Gallons or so, contact based treatment.
Taking fishes and other creatures out and applying to plants may help probably.

Wondering that other purpose you want to use it for.

The active ingredient in OxiClean is a generic white powder substance called sodium percarbonate. Generic sodium percarbonate is better than OxiClean, because OxiClean is only half sodium percarbonate.

Last edited:
Do you ever have the need to increase oxygen levels in the water and if so what chemicals do you use ?
A good filtration system does this 24x7 without adding anything. Filters take care of DI (dissolved oxygen) in water. Best way to achieve it is by water surface agitation. Common air pumps don't really add DI but the bubbles reach the surface quickly and agitate surface which increases dissolved oxygen by increasing gaseous exchange.

I was confused by this product which i wanted for some other purpose.
It's real use is to remove algae from ponds that reduce oxygen levels.

If people have fish ponds instead of fish tanks then i guess it has some vaue.
These products are not really needed if filtration is bang on.

Back