Any badminton fans here ?

used to play uptil 2 years back , started again 1 month back and i came to know i dont even have half the fitness i once had , now instead of fitness i have a fatter stomach :p

experiencing same thing after joining my articleship have lost most of my stamina used to play football but now running to catch a train totally exhausts me :(

Bumping an old thread. Me and my wife are now starting to play badminton and we do have one set of rackets but they are very bad quality and bend easily while playing. Infact today we played and one of them bent and threatened to break if we used more.
So now i need to buy a new set of rackets. I am going to a sports shop tomorrow afternoon to check them. I know of known brands like wilson and yonex but their rackets are obscenely expensive.
I don't have much idea about what good price would be to pay for a pair of rackets. So can anyone suggest me so alternate but decent brands. We are no professional and looking to play casually for like half hour per day.

I remember buying rackets that go by the brand name of Kamachi. They dont cost a bomb. May be about Rs.500 to Rs.600 per racket. But I am sure you can get Yonex for as low as Rs.1500, if you are willing to spend that much, that is..

i love to play badminton. when i am in 10th, in summers i pl;ay daily 2-3hrs. but now no time no street friends for playing.

I used to play almost daily some 8-10 years back, don't remember exactly when, but it was during my school days.

@raksrules u can get yonex rackets from 1k and they are worth the money.
kamachi would be cheaper, but is not so common these days. had gone to that shop in fc road a few weeks back to get a racket for a friend.
and also, do get the plastic corks from yonex. , they might look costly , but they last really long for casual play. feather ones last hardly 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
@6pack Kamachi rackets, yeah. But not sure if the ebay item is a genuine Kamachi product, although it could be. They have rackets that cover a very wide price range.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just now got 2 rackets for 700 rs of silvers brand. No sure how good or bad they are. Lets try and see. Also the plastic cocks really don't play well i feel. Or i am wrong ?
They bounce a lot i feel.

I just now got 2 rackets for 700 rs of silvers brand. No sure how good or bad they are. Lets try and see. Also the plastic cocks really don't play well i feel. Or i am wrong ?
They bounce a lot i feel.

Silvers is really good. For casual playing they are the best. Plastic shuttles are heavy and damage the racket so avoid them.

Just a gen question.. How good is the plastic Shuttle for the game?
The old school feathered shuttle gen lasts only one session and hence i think the plastic ones are better in the longer run. But no idea regarding the life / effects of it during gameplay.. as in are they as good as the reg ones while playing ??

^^ true that. A new normal shuttle might last only couple of sessions and in long run it can be expensive. I was also planning on the plastic one.
But not sure should I go for that.

^^ true that. A new normal shuttle might last only couple of sessions and in long run it can be expensive. I was also planning on the plastic one.
But not sure should I go for that.

i'd say avoid plastic shuttlecock.. get the feather one... its gives much much smoother experience than its plastic counterpart. A good quality feather shuttlecock should easily last a week if not more...

Back