Camera Any Cheap Full frame DSLR in India?

At present i do have a Nikon D3000, with lens 50mm, 35mm, 70-300, and 18-55mm all AF-S.

At recent gangtok trip, i found is extreme painful to change lens 2-3 times daily :(, each time i have to go to car, shutdown windows, and change lens in order to prevent dirt entering the camera :(

So, since i am headed @ladakh in coming May, i am planing to prepare beforehand, buying another dslr :D , so that i won't to do that lens change drama every here in there.

So this time planning to buy a full frame dslr, can anyone suggest cheap full frame available in India, mine budget is strictly 1.5lac

ur dx lenses will not work well on ur fx camera
why not buy tamron 18-200mm if you don't like changing lenses. you only need to change to 50/35mm lens when required.

why not buy top of the line dx frame camera and High quality zoom. (one with constant aperture)

or forget all the ideas.. and get a Sony Alpha A7R or Cybershot RX1 (A7R has same sensor as Nikon D800)

Last edited:
this is the precise reason why many photographers( some of the pro ones as well) are moving away from dslrs due to their bulk. Buying a ff, which is heavier than apsc cameras ,will make u more frustrated. As max suggested, its better to have a one in all lens rsther than carrying 2 cameras.

on a separate note, can u share ur flickr link. i would like to see your photos. always interested to see fellow techie's work on te/tdf .

ur dx lenses will not work well on ur fx camera
why not buy tamron 18-200mm if you don't like changing lenses. you only need to change to 50/35mm lens when required.

why not buy top of the line dx frame camera and High quality zoom. (one with constant aperture)

or forget all the ideas.. and get a Sony Alpha A7R or Cybershot RX1 (A7R has same sensor as Nikon D800)

i think 50mm 1.8G AF-S and 70-300mm AF-S should work with FX format camera as well ?

this is the precise reason why many photographers( some of the pro ones as well) are moving away from dslrs due to their bulk. Buying a ff, which is heavier than apsc cameras ,will make u more frustrated. As max suggested, its better to have a one in all lens rsther than carrying 2 cameras.

on a separate note, can u share ur flickr link. i would like to see your photos. always interested to see fellow techie's work on te/tdf .

i don't share my pics :D , since they aren't good enuf to be shared

i think 50mm 1.8G AF-S and 70-300mm AF-S should work with FX format camera as well ?

it will do heavy vignetting. and at lower focal lengths it will look like this.
00Su4c-120149584[1].jpg

You can get a D7000 (Good bargain) or D7100 and a 17-55mm 2.8G from nikon.. will be much better than carrying a FX format (D600/D800) and those lenses.

17-55 2.8G will do wonders on even your D3000..

I have sony equivalent of that same lens and the quality is very crisp at all zoom levels on my both cameras.

I'm telling you... Cybershot RX1 is best for you as you like travelling. you can take it anywhere its image quality from its lens and sensor can even put even D600 (full frame) to shame.

Last edited:
RX1 "beats" DSLR? Isnt that a bit too far fetched? RX1 offers stellar qlty for its package, True. But ""beat" ??

ok i got carried away a bit but yeah rx1 prime lens is already an L lens ( dunno the terminology for L lenses in nikon lineup) specifically made for a full frame sensor. it will beat d800 with kit lens. but d800 with other other prime L lens will beat it. The below article compares rx1 with d800 and while rx1 is inferior in AF , it is superior in image quality. Even the greatest HDR photographer currently, Trey Ratcliffe has ditched his D800 and is currently shooting NEX7 and says image quality is as good as D800 when using good lenses with NEX7.

http://tashley1.zenfolio.com/blog/2012/12/sony-rx1-prepared-to-be-a-lot-amazed-and-a-little-annoyed

Last edited:
even if we take lens out of consideration the sensor is pretty capable too.. In terms of Image Quality it can easily take most of of the DSLRs out..
the lens on it is Carl Zeiss which is of extremely high performance. So if you just compare RX1 with D800 with kit lens.. Its IQ will be ahead of what D800 has.

even if we take lens out of consideration the sensor is pretty capable too.. In terms of Image Quality it can easily take most of of the DSLRs out..
the lens on it is Carl Zeiss which is of extremely high performance. So if you just compare RX1 with D800 with kit lens.. Its IQ will be ahead of what D800 has.
Finally someone talking some sense. People just post whatever assumptions they have in mind without proper research i.e No compact is as good as a DSLR etc

Finally someone talking some sense. People just post whatever assumptions they have in mind without proper research i.e No compact is as good as a DSLR etc
RX1 features a 35mm lens and its basically a PNS camera with an awesome sensor but it seriously lacks in some departments like macro, etc. Compared to RX1, DSLRs gives you flexibility. Furthermore the price of RX1 in India is close to 1.8 lakhs. At that price you can buy a full frame camera (Nikon D610 or Canon 6D) and also buy the required lenses. Also you wont be stuck with a single lens like in the case of RX1. This is called sense.

AF-S does not mean that it is only for DX. If it is DX, then the lens is built for DX bodies.

50mm 1.8G, 70-300 are all FX compatible. If you have 35mm 1.8G AF-S DX, then it might not work well on a FX body.

But I fail to understand one thing, how does moving to FX solve the lens changing issue? If you are planning to get a 18-200 kind of lens, this will work equally well on a DX (with a slight loss at the wider end). And you wont get the PQ of lenses you have.

As others are saying, you should seriously think about other options.

Here is a suggestion - Since you have loads of money to blow - Get the big 3 of Nikon. They are fast and will give you good quality from 14-200mm

RX1 features a 35mm lens and its basically a PNS camera with an awesome sensor but it seriously lacks in some departments like macro, etc. Compared to RX1, DSLRs gives you flexibility. Furthermore the price of RX1 in India is close to 1.8 lakhs. At that price you can buy a full frame camera (Nikon D610 or Canon 6D) and also buy the required lenses. Also you wont be stuck with a single lens like in the case of RX1. This is called sense.
RX1 can do macro http://www.flickr.com/groups/rx1macro/

Back